I never want to line a mold again.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uplands is in transition right now, has been for a couple of months. They aren't filling orders, at least not consistently. No clear information about when the new owners will start production.

judymoody said:
Uplands is in transition right now, has been for a couple of months. They aren't filling orders, at least not consistently. No clear information about when the new owners will start production.

Too bad. Has anyone tried their molds?

hmmm I never got leakage lining with freezer paper w/my wood molds, but they are lined w/one piece of freezer paper.

lovethyscent said:
hmmm I never got leakage lining with freezer paper w/my wood molds, but they are lined w/one piece of freezer paper.
Same here.

carebear said:
lovethyscent said:
Same here.

Yeah...ya know. No matter what molds I end up buying and trying out...silicone, hdpe...whatever...I keep coming back to my wood molds that need lining. At least if they're lined I won't have trouble getting the soap (especially ungelled) unstuck from the silicone or hdpe. Sigh.

saltydog said:
judymoody said:
I've heard that people have had sticking problems with those HDPE molds.

You can get the silicone loaf molds (like WSP) from Richard/Bebe for 13 bucks plus shipping:

http://bebecollection.com/loaf-mold-too ... /loaf-mold

With dividers it's $35.

http://bebecollection.com/loaf-mold-too ... ers-lf01cb

Haven't tried the divided one, only the regular loaves. They release just fine.

Nice! I'm ordering this, thank you, judymoody :)

I tried and tried to see what the connection with TOG is (the word is in the link) but cannot figure it out. But if they are TOG molds, I'd be very cautious. Personally.

I feel like such a soapy dork. I have Reynolds silicone loaf pans stuck in a crusty old teflon bread pan. :cry: they work though. theyre only $4. i really like BB&B silicone mats too!! I also like my pencil organizer or desk organizer. :oops: That was only $1. I feel like such a cheap skate but i swear Im really not!! They just work flawless for me, so i guess dont fix what aint broke!

lovelysuds said:
I feel like such a soapy dork. I have Reynolds silicone loaf pans stuck in a crusty old teflon bread pan. :cry: they work though. theyre only $4. i really like BB&B silicone mats too!! I also like my pencil organizer or desk organizer. :oops: That was only $1. I feel like such a cheap skate but i swear Im really not!! They just work flawless for me, so i guess dont fix what aint broke!

Hey whatever works for you right :) It doesn't matter what you spent on it. Mine are wood molds my hubby made. I used plain old plastic containers in the past. I didn't even know reynolds made silicone pans though, that is cool!

That makes perfect sense to me! I cannot find silicon loaf pans anywhere, locally, or else I'd be using the same thing!

maybe reynolds sells them online? ive also seen the famous baking company Wilton has them. theyre the same price as the reynolds in the store i get mine but i know they sell those online as well.

carebear said:
saltydog said:
judymoody said:
I've heard that people have had sticking problems with those HDPE molds.

You can get the silicone loaf molds (like WSP) from Richard/Bebe for 13 bucks plus shipping:

http://bebecollection.com/loaf-mold-too ... /loaf-mold

With dividers it's $35.

http://bebecollection.com/loaf-mold-too ... ers-lf01cb

Haven't tried the divided one, only the regular loaves. They release just fine.

Nice! I'm ordering this, thank you, judymoody :)

I tried and tried to see what the connection with TOG is (the word is in the link) but cannot figure it out. But if they are TOG molds, I'd be very cautious. Personally.

I ordered this, hopefully, it will be decent :/

saltydog said:
That makes perfect sense to me! I cannot find silicon loaf pans anywhere, locally, or else I'd be using the same thing!

I have found mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $9.99

I have the HDPE molds, and I have to line them with freezer paper. The bottoms also are warped a little, if you are like me and do some soap in the freezer and some CPOP. I do still use them but I don't love them. I bought some of the baking silicone molds and they are too soft and the sides bulge when you pour the soap in the pans. I read some posts that the TOG molds have leakage issues, but that was some time ago, and as you know from making soap, your product gets better the more you make it and tweak it. What do I use now, well my husband built me wooden molds and made silicone liners, like Woodfield's and Upland's. Silicone is expensive and I can see why Woodfields charges so much for the liners. I love them. He and my son also gave me the soapcutter called the Tank for Mother's Day. If he didn't want to try to make these for me, I would have just tried the silicone loaf molds on WSP. There is a lot of trial and error in soapmaking, and some of it involves purchases. Live and learn.

ok, i line my wood mold with contact paper, or shelf liner, two pieces, one going the long way, the other on top of it the short way.I posted a pic awhile back, it is SO easy, not like freezer paper you have to do all these measurements. I have been doing it this way for 3 yrs, try it, verses spending $ on a mold.

Back