Phew, it has been a heck of a day (if you would like to know more go and check out my post on What's Your Gripe) and the only spec of sanity seems to have been when I cut my soap. First some history, I have only made liquid soap before now. We usually use liquid soap so that is what I needed, I was not aware it was meant to be more difficult than lye soap so I went ahead and made LS. Don't ask about my first batch of LS At least the other batches have been successful since then. Anyhoo, I decided to make some lye soap and although the recipe was originally done as a HP soap I did mine as a CP soap. The batch was made Tuesday afternoon and I cut it this afternoon (Thursday afternoon). On the whole I am darned pleased with it. It did have glycerin sitting on the top of it while it was still in the mould but that reabsorbed. My cutting skills are not too brilliant but I guess that will come with practice and also be helped by purchasing specialist equipment. I stamped the bars with a paw print as my whole family is dog crazy so that seemed an appropriate thing to do. The soap is a lovely creamy / off white colour but because I placed them on coloured fabric they look all sorts of colours in the photos. The bars are now sitting in a wire basket in my sewing room waiting to harden up. I have learned a lot from making this batch of soap and really can't wait for them to hurry up and harden so we can start using them. Edited to add the photos I forgot to add to the original post It has been that sort of day.