I get to try my first cured soap tonight!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh how very exciting!!!! Congratulations! And your soaps all look so pretty :)
I’m with the ‘just wait and see with a longer cure!’ and also the chelator made a big difference for me, as I have very hard water. I have just made my very first with EDTA (so haven’t tried yet) but started w citric acid (+ the extra lye needed) and could feel major improvement. It requires a bit of math, there are posts here to help. (Thank you soapmakingforum <3) You can use sodium citrate - that is citric acid + NaOH already ‘reacted’ - no extra math.
Happy soaping! And showering ;) weeee so much different soap to try out and get to know :) so exciting!! :D

Handmade soap can also be resistant to water on the first use. It feels a little different on second use.

High OO soaps get better with age - actually all good handmade soap does.
I drag the bar over my body too. DH rubs the soap into a washer - the bar never touches his skin. Everyone is a little strange...

Handmade soap can also be resistant to water on the first use. It feels a little different on second use.

High OO soaps get better with age - actually all good handmade soap does.
I drag the bar over my body too. DH rubs the soap into a washer - the bar never touches his skin. Everyone is a little strange...
My thoughts too!! I never realized the differences! I also did wonder if a soap needs a 'break in' period, bitter after a couple of uses. Now, you KNOW I will be dragging SOAP across my body to see from now on! What is nice and slick for you?

Yes! @Saffron that was exactly what I meant. I never got around to actually make it.. Thank you for catching that one :) (on purpose I don’t put any amounts or directions so ppl have to do research. I do love research. Especially soapmakingforum research. I just keep learning :))

Happy soaping everyone! Looking forward to hearing all about how your lovely soaps venture Laura, they look wonderful!

Back