I did NOT touch... YES I DID! LAST EDIT! - #42- I PROMISE

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Dennis, you have far too much willpower.

Excellent swirls! I thought of Van Gogh for some of them but there are two bars that might need a name like Tidal Wave. It will be fascinating to see what all the bars look like and to see what patterns you get from different pour styles. I want to figure out dcornett did the swirls on the Pepperberry Wreath in this post:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/vi ... highlight=

Pretty!!!

Tip on steady picture taking without tripod. Brace arm/hand supporting camera on edge of table and hold your breath. I find that if I breath while I'm trying to snap a picture it's I bit blurry.

Those are so my colours!

For most of my life I lived in New Zealand, in the province (state) of Otago, in the town of Mosgiel and we worked in the city of Dunedin ... 25 minutes by car.

Our town colours (Mosgiel), city colours (Dunedin) and province (Otago) colours were blue and gold! Your soap could be our mascot soap. My hubby proudly wore blue and gold in hockey and rugby from primary school ... and we have many flags in this house that are blue and gold!

Love those colours!

Tegan said:
Pretty!!!

Tip on steady picture taking without tripod. Brace arm/hand supporting camera on edge of table and hold your breath. I find that if I breath while I'm trying to snap a picture it's I bit blurry.

Not unlike shooting. Well, not in the house. I did all that and still... Hey, this is my excuse to expand my valentines, easter, president's day, birthday, independence day, just because I'm a great guy etc. gift list. Besides that and unbeknownst to all but me and you, the lens on the camera has been found to be a bit slippery. Lots of soap pics and slippery fingers. It didn't clean up very well. I think it's time to entice my far eastern and mysterious sometimes soap assistant, wife and mother of my children, keeper of the cats, fellow protector of the environment, back into soaping service.

Maybe I did forget the no breathing thing. :roll: And I guess it's possible that my arms/hands weren't really supported as well as they should be. :oops: Gosh, that makes it sound like I can take better pictures without spending a lot of money. Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Going to try to clean the lens again also.

Maybe different swirls to come. I put half of the loaf back in the fridge until the cut bars are seen to be progressing satisfactorily. They were dry this morning but soft and have developed a very light ash on both sides. The second half will be left on the counter for the day before cutting. Perhaps non gel is not for me. Just a thought.

:(

WOW! That is gorgous! I have the same problem with wanting to see what my soaps look like right after I finish pouring them! The only way they survive not being cut is if I work the next day and even then sometimes I count the minutes until I can get home! Its like opening presents, you know something is inside (good or bad) but you just can wait to rip the paper off!!! Anyways! GREAT Job I love it!

I don't know about the name "Starry Night". The swirls are reminiscent of Van Gogh's Starry Night but the colors are too light. The colors are similar to his "Sunflowers" painting.

Did you use sunflower oil in this batch? If you did, you could call it Sunflowers. :D

I have to agree with Hazel. Colors are more Sunflowers than Starry Night. I found Peak's Clean Cotton was OK early, but got better and better as it aged. Sort of a rounder, softer fragrance. I ended up really liking it. Hope you do, too. Beautiful beautiful swirls, Dennis. You always make me smile!

The further I get into it, the more it changes. The loaf is still soft, has been on the counter for about 48 hours. It is still soft and the blur is actually the soap smeared across it's face when I cut it. Thinking maybe Northern Lights now. More green appearing. There is still about a third to be cut but am leaving it for another day or two to see what happens. This is the end of this batch before y'all get bored enough to scream. Bar to the right shows obvious paw print! Danged cats! :evil:

WHAT? Are you talkin' to me?

IMG_1029-1.jpg

IMG_1027-1.jpg
:lol: On to the next challenge.

BakingNana said:
Hilarious about the cat print. Soap stamp!

You're right! I didn't even think about it being a soap stamp. And Dennis didn't even have to do it himself. Awww! Mr Grumpy and Mankatt are his new helpers. :lol:

Latest posts

Back