How to make soap roses

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStar

Reaction score
Been entertaining the idea of doing a soap cake or soap pie for a while. Thing is the only way i can fathom making roses for it would be to take a decorating nail and making them standard like you would for a cake...which is a skill i am absolutely terrible at.

I suppose you could also use a soft flexible mold and use some melt and pour, but then you would be limited to how many rose molds you had...which for me would likely just be one, lol. Not to mention melt and pours delightful habit of weeping in humid climates.

Any sage wisdom from people with experience with this? lol

If you use a silicone mold with 4 to 6 roses and you use your "extra batter", that is make just a bit extra with any recipe, tint it pink or red or yellow or white, and do it every time you make a batch... you will soon find you have bouquets of roses! I will tell you you can pipe them, however it is hard to get the batter to the right consistency. To tight your rose petals split and crack, too loose and they will melt into mush. If you decide to pipe them, be patient.

I make little flowers or embeds with each batch I make as long as it is not a scrub soap. It is not instant but then when you want them you already have them.

You know, i don't know why my brain doesn't think of things like that. I guess it just wanted all the roses done at once , but that idea makes a LOT more sense, thank you XD.

Smart tips!

Another way to easy piping roses, can be seen here [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ok5LHMP-R4[/ame] and here for a whole cake. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKMJYBJR7Y[/ame]

^^^
i think it's possible to pipe MP but only to a certain extent. from what i've read so far, you gotta mix the MP base with something else (foaming bath butter?) to make it more into an icing consistency. on its own, MP can't be piped as pretty as CP. ask me how i know :D

but with CP, totally doable! i suck at piping, so when i need roses, i always use a mold with MP in it, but if your piping skills are not like me, you can totally pipe the roses on your own like the videos above. some ppl suggest to have high ratio of hard oils for icing (75:25), but i think any recipe would do. just make sure you wait until it gets real thick like buttercream.

that ombre rose cake is amazing!

Back