How much fragrance do you really add?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

safire_6

Reaction score
I've been using 1 oz ppo but after curing for 4 weeks I don't think it's strong enough. I like strong scents, so maybe it's just me, but have any of you used more fragrance for this reason? Is there a recommended maximum amount?

It really depends on the supplier, some require more than others. With WSP I can often use as little as .5 PPO, but others like Day Star or Tony's .7 is good. With SOS sometimes I need 1.0 - it's really just trial and error.

I use anywhere between .4 oz ppo and up to 1 oz. ppo, depending on the particular fragrance and how strong it is. I've never gone over 1 oz ppo. My usual for 98% of my soaps is .75 oz ppo.

IrishLass

I know what you mean about the scent not being strong enough after curing, Safire.

I too use 1oz per pound of Fo in each batch. Some of the reviews I read in the forums will tell me a certain FO from a particular company can be used at a lesser amount. I've used fos mainly from BB, Peaks Candle, and Heaven Scent in the last six months since I started soaping.

But, I stick to 1 oz. ppo and hope for the best. I guess I'm in the "like strong scent group" with you! :)

Jude

soapbuddy said:
I use anywhere between 0.7 to 1 oz. PPO. With the vendors that I use the scent is strong enough.
usually in this range. Sometimes down to 0.5, depending on what the supplier and the SRB recommend.

Latest posts

Back