how much fo for lotion?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
i bought some really nice base lotion, with silk in it, from wsp, how much fo do i add? It is a 16 0z pump bottle.

That can vary from fragrance to fragrance but I would say start with 1/2 teaspoon and smell it and go from there.

Bruce

:lol: I bought the Goat's milk and honey lotion from WSP in the gallon jugs.
Had the same question as you.

Do you scent individual bottles and shake or can you scent 1/2 a gallon....yeah, I just want to know how much f/o to put in too, and what is the best way......

Also, mine is very thick, so hard to get in the bottles.
I can figure out a way I guess...grab a funnel and tamp, tamp, tamp...

but for my personal use......

can you dilute this stuff down without messing up the product?

if someone knows how.....let me know please.

Ali

they have funnels with wide shorter spouts in the automotive section at the store. they might make it easier to put into bottles. if i were making lotion and wanted to scent it, i'd measure out how much i needed for X amount of bottles into a sterile bowl, mix in my FO and then use a funnel to get it into the bottles.

I had hubby make a funnel and glopped in in there and slam on table, it worked pretty well, i added 1 tsp to my pump bottle and shaked like crazy, but youre right it is thick, i should have stirred into lotion then put in funnel! Im very pleased with the lotion, i bought the one with silk in it, 22$, i shared the gallon with friend, so not too bad.

DH says why not heat it just a little?

makes sense since I've left lotion in the car in the sun and it is much thinner.

haven't heated it yet, but I'm tempted. this is driving me crazy.

Back