T-50 vs Vitamin E

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help - sooooo, T-50…..Is it the same as Vitamin E? My spidey-senses say probably not, but can I get some education, friends?
Example, I have this from BB: Vitamin E Oil | BrambleBerry
And I have gotten this from Amazon: Amazon.com
And I see this from WSP, which clearly says T-50: https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/vitamin-e-natural-t-50.aspx

Can someone explain the difference between the clear Vit E BB and the WSP T-50? For fun, is the Amazon item T-50?
I’m ordering a few additives I am missing to make DIY lotion base, and this has me stumped. Thanks.

Short version is no, they are not the same thing. T-50 is a mix of tocopherols that act as an antioxidant in your oils to extend shelf life much like a preservative does in water based products. I think straight up vitamin E acetate (the product in your first 2 links) is mostly just an emollient, but doesn't work as an antioxidant like mixed tocopherols/ T-50 (the product in your last link). Watch the INCI, as not all suppliers will state T-50.

The Amazon one you linked is not T-50. Here's a link to a T-50 I've used from Amazon.

Soapeauty TOCOPHEROL T-50 Vitamin E Oil Premium and Natural Vitamin E Oil Treats Scars Wrinkles Dark Spots Best for Hair Skin Body Face Multi-Purpose Oil 1 oz Amazon.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back