how much EO for a strong concentration

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dggriffi

Reaction score
i want to make Eucalyptus and Tee Tree soap and i want the EO concentration to be strong but not too strong. Since I'm a newbie, i thought i would ask what the common concentrations used may be.

Thanks in advance.

dggriffi said:
i want to make Eucalyptus and Tee Tree soap and i want the EO concentration to be strong but not too strong. Since I'm a newbie, i thought i would ask what the common concentrations used may be.

Thanks in advance.

It usually depends on the essential oil. Eucalyptus and Tea Tree smell awesome together or separately.... I would say you would want about .7-1oz of EO's ppo I like mine really strong so Id lean more towards the 1oz ppo, sometimes even more if im making an only-tea tree eo scented soap.. I like to feel it tingle and have used it as a hair/head bar soap for a long time... fresh n clean-... but this is just my personal preference and can change from person to person...

IanT said:
dggriffi said:

Thanks in advance.

It usually depends on the essential oil. Eucalyptus and Tea Tree smell awesome together or separately.... I would say you would want about .7-1oz of EO's ppo I like mine really strong so Id lean more towards the 1oz ppo, sometimes even more if im making an only-tea tree eo scented soap.. I like to feel it tingle and have used it as a hair/head bar soap for a long time... fresh n clean-... but this is just my personal preference and can change from person to person...

what is "ppo"?

never mind. Handy search function reveals per pound oil.

I think i will take your advice and do a combo of tea tree and eucalyptus for my first batch of EO soap.

Latest posts

Back