How do I get the oil out of the bottle?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kslo78

Reaction score
I ordered some supplies from Soaperschoice.com in mostly the 7 lb bottles. Some of the oils are so hard they won't pour out. What can I do, short of cutting the bottle, to get them out?

Put them in a hot water bath to liquify the oils. I hate getting hard oils in bottles!

I got some coconut oil from them in the 7lb bucket also and I plan on sitting it in a sink full of hot water till it melts and then pouring the melted coconut oil into a pail with a lid for easier retrieval when you want to soap. It should work I'm guessing.....

Thanks ladies. I have some containers I will probably pour it into if I do manage to get it out. I thought it was weird too that they would put a solid oil in a bottle.

kslo78 said:
Thanks ladies. I have some containers I will probably pour it into if I do manage to get it out. I thought it was weird too that they would put a solid oil in a bottle.

I agree. I cut them out and put them in a wide-mouth bucket in chunks. Makes for accurate measuring as well!

solid oil in bottle

i order from wholesalesuppliesplus.com, they deliver quick are reasonably priced and package solid oils in buckets. check them out.

Wholesale supplies plus is about a 30 minute drive for me. However, the things I ordered they don't carry.

My babassu from Columus comes in the 7 lb jug, too. Instead of heating it, I just take a box cutter to the jug and slit it open from top to bottom and then I put the solid babassu in a more user-friendly container- either Rubbermaid or something like it.

IrishLass

The heating in a pot of water worked well. I poured the liquids into smaller containers for easy use. Babassu was one of the oils I ordered.

Latest posts

Back