Homebrew beer contest

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
I have to turn in my samples by Wednesday of this week. I am going to enter a very good pale ale. They rate them on many levels but to keep it simple you can score up to 50 points. I won one of these contests 4 or more years ago with a porter that scored 43. I think it will be close to 3 weeks till I find out how I have done and will post my score here when I find out. If there are any other homebrewers who brew all grain out there I have many recipes that I would be willing to share.

Bruce

thats so cool! I would love to start homebrewing...just need the space and a bit of research :)

itd be so cool to homebrew though!

The contest is over. My pale ale scored 36 points and I won a bronze medal with it. The judges said is was a great beer but would have scored higher if I had used more hops.

Bruce

congrats!
i'd also love to learn how to make my own beer :) do you maybe know some good online places where to start the research?

I do not have a good link for learning homebrewing. I would reccomend the book that I read called "How to Brew" by John J Palmer. I suppose if you googled homebrewing you might come up with some good reading. Here is a link to the supply store in my town that I think has some how to info. Do not get a Mr. Beer set. Get the large plastic pail method and a carboy.
www.sicilianosmkt.com

Bruce

Latest posts

Back