Holiday Fragrances - 2010

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
I'm starting to plan fragrances for the holidays...Let's start a list...

Very Merry Cranberry - WSP - my absolute favorite
Santa's Pipe - WSP - another favorite

I'm looking for a good gingerbread.

What are your holiday favs?

peppermint cream- tayloredconcepts
pumpkin frappuccino-tayloredconcepts
christmas by the fire- sos (think campfire & cinnamon)

I also like strawberries and champagne (Millcreek- think NewYears), angel (BCN) & frosted snowdrop (WSP)

I just got Gingerbread and Gingerbread Cookie and the both smell GREAT oob! Can't wait to soap them this weekend. The plain gingerbread smells incredible!
I have soaped the gingerbread from soapsupplies.net and it holds up very well. I used .7 oz per lb. Nice color, too
HTH

I just soaped Fresh Pear from Bert's Heaven Scent. It smells wonderful and has a touch of spice to it. My kids keep saying it reminds them of something from Christmas time.

agriffin said:
I'm starting to plan fragrances for the holidays...Let's start a list...

Very Merry Cranberry - WSP - my absolute favorite
Santa's Pipe - WSP - another favorite

I'm looking for a good gingerbread.

What are your holiday favs?

I like WSP for oils, molds and stuff but their fragrances not so much. How does that very Merry Cranberry smells like? Isn't it too much perfumy?

I'm lovin' Christmas Memories -Aroma Haven. Smells really piney OOB but soap is 3 weeks old and some spice is coming through the pine.

Anyone soaped with Wellington's Christmas Morning? Haven't used it yet, but OOB smells like shampoo to me. ?

I am looking at some scents from natures garden.
Christmas Splendor
Cracklin Birch
Country Bumpkin
Vanilla Champagne
Apple Butter Caramel
I am planning for soy tarts and/or CP soap with them.

I'm making vanilla mint, frankincense & myrrh, an as-yet-to-be-determinted chocolate and possibly a berry/pine.

dubnica said:
I like WSP for oils, molds and stuff but their fragrances not so much. How does that very Merry Cranberry smells like? Isn't it too much perfumy?

I don't think it's perfumy at all. It's extremely fruity and sweet. Not very tart, but very strong and the staying power is great.

I desperately need a good pumpkin FO. One that doesn't fade in CP. Or morph in B&B products. I've tried WSP and was not impressed.

I just got southern garden scents pumpkin spice. Just sniffing the bottle it smells great...not overwhelming with spice. But we'll see how it soaps...I'll give it try soon.

Thanks agriffin :)

I just ordered a pumpkin pie sample from Natures Garden. Will test it as soon as it get here and pass on the info. Look forward to hear your results :)

The SG pumpkin spice is good. I didn't like it at first but now it smells nice. I ordered one from BB to try so we'll how that goes. I'm still on the lookout for a great pumpkin. BB is going to have a LE Cranberry Pomegranate, so I want to try that also.

scout said:
I am looking at some scents from natures garden.
Christmas Splendor
Cracklin Birch
Country Bumpkin
Vanilla Champagne
Apple Butter Caramel
I am planning for soy tarts and/or CP soap with them.
I love Cracklin Birch in soap!

oh my you gotta do some kind of pine, I couldnt make enough, I think I bought christmas wreath from wsp, mulberry from bitter creek, the pumpkin spice from peak is ok( more spice than pump) wasnt a good seller though. The wreath and mulberry went like hotcakes. Cranberry apple marmalade from peak is really good also. How bout pearberry, thats always a good fall scent.

peak has a great pomegranete

Latest posts

Back