Brambleberry favorite fragrance oils for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewlyCreative

Reaction score
In honor of free shipping till tomorrow - list your favorite Brambleberry fragrance oils (or similar scents you like that are common across manufacturers)

Some of my favorite scents are tropical (coconut and lime) or Lavender, frankincense.

but I’m open to anything - looking for new ideas.

Well, everyone will like different fragrances, but these are ones that popped into my head first:
  • Lily Lemon Drop​
  • Rose Quartz​
  • Espresso (coffee scent that turns dark brown)​
  • Cafe Latte (different coffee scent that does NOT turn dark brown!)​
  • Vanilla Oak (turns brown, low usage rate of 2% but VERY strong scent that lasts, so a little goes a long way, suited a beer soap really well)​
  • Green Tea and Cucumber (the tea note is strong at first, but the scent changes to become very spa-like and clean)​
  • Lychee Red Tea​
  • Coconut Citrus Sorbet (haven't used this in CP soap, but love it OOB)​
  • Sunflower Sandalwood​

Pink Grapefruit
Caffe Latte
Watermelon Sugar - out of stock but they said the hope to have it tomorrow before the free shipping ends
Cherry Almond - for sugar scrub, not CP
Peach Prosecco
Pineapple Payapa - for sugar scrub, not CP
Clover and Aloe
Coastal Rain
Love Spell
Black Raspberry Vanilla

Happy shopping! 🌸

Cool Citrus Basil
Volcano
Monkey Farts
I don’t see these from BB, but I love Volcano from WSP 😉

BrambleBerry Raspberry or Raspberry and sweet pea. Raspberry mixes nicely with citrus, florals, and even a bit of tobacco or heavier scent. A little bit goes a long way. haven’t used in soaps. I use in bath bombs, bubble bath, and solid perfumes.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

I ended up ordering
Green Tea and Cucumber
Lily Lemon Drop
Lychee Red Tea
Black amber and lavender
Coconut nut Paradaise (still trying for coconut)
Coconut mango
Lavender and cedar
Black raspberry vanilla
Grapefruit Bellini
Energy
Cinnamon cocoa (this one’s all me lol)

I also ordered rosemary and litsea EO based on other’s recipes.

Last edited:
I hope you report on the grapefruit bellini- I keep eyeing that one!
It does smell nice a day later and it did make my batter clump - but I could stir the clumps away.

It discolors slightly (well slightly two days in - we’ll see).

With black raspberry and vanilla - did you have any issues like strong discoloration with this one?

Here are some pics
IMG_1835.jpeg

I wonder if they changed this fragrance oil slightly since (to me) it had a string chemical odor out of the bottle and it smells very chemically still two days later in the soap. Plus the discoloration was extreme in a dark dark purple/black then orangey not good way. I cut the edges off the soap because they were black then orange.

I went back and re-read the reviews and saw that someone else noted that it was chemically smelling in a way that was different than previously.

Last edited:
I love Energy - it sold really well in lotion bars.
I did not CP that one, and I would love to order more from BB- but, I too noticed a chemical smell in a couple of the fragrances I ordered from them.
Energy was one that had a strange first whiff of *something unpleasant* until it faded, eventually. Really would love to hear your experience.

I have energy and (I hate to type this) but it does have a strong chemical smell to me. But I might be mistaking litsea for chemical.

I’m starting to think my sense of smell isn’t quite right because I keep smelling an unpleasant (to me) chemical smell with many of the fragrance oils.

I used Energy in one of my tests and the chemical smell got stronger with cold process soap. Maybe it will mellow in time?

I looked at the IFR guidelines afterwards and it shouldn’t be used in cold process soap - since it has a really low usage rate for soap. That said it does not accelerate and has a light yellow discoloration.

The scent reminds me strongly of litsea EO so I bet there is a way to dupe it with EO!

Please forgive my terrible chopstick name carving handwriting but here is a close up and a wider shot for perspective
IMG_1833.jpeg
IMG_1834.jpeg

Last edited:
Fragrance has definitely been it's own trial! I've had friends say "too overpowering!" But the vast majority say "add more!"
It's so personal!

I have energy and (I hate to type this) but it does have a strong chemical smell to me. But I might be mistaking litsea for chemical.

I’m starting to think my sense of smell isn’t quite right because I keep smelling an unpleasant (to me) chemical smell with many of the fragrance oils.
I smell "chemical" or "plastic" in many FOs OOB (not Energy though, strangely enough).

Once the soap has cured for a bit, that chemical smell or plastic smell usually disappears for me. But most of them still give me headaches. :(

I hate fragrance headaches @AliOop

@dmcgee5034 - looking at bramble-berry’s site I think I transposed the milk and honey FO for the black raspberry. Black raspberry is smelling nice and has a lovely very light brown/ cream color.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back