Help finding Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizmar2006

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to soap making and looking for some help. I've been doing my research and getting prepared to try making my first Cold Process Soap. I had found a blog/web site with what seemed to me like 3 simple beginner recipes for a Hard, Semi Soft, and Soft soap.
I thought I had booked marked the page but now I cannot find it. I went back through my history and looked around the sites I thought it might be (soapqueen, soapylove, others who's names I cannot think of) No luck.

Any suggestions on a basic soap recipe? Or think you know the site i'm talking about? I do not want a long ingredient list, maybe 3 oils at the most. I want to take it nice and easy.

Thank you!
Elizabeth

I'm such a ditz! I found it!. http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body- ... recipes-2/
It was soap queen. When I did a search on the site for soap recipe I could never find it.
When I posted to the form and asked for a basic soap recipe a light bulb went off in my head. I typed the phrase into google and it was the first link that came up. When ever I tried to find it I was putting in things like "beginner soap recipe" or "easy cold process soap"

Still, if you have a recipe you don't mind sharing let me know. Also let me know if you have any opinions on the recipes at the link.

Thanks!

Soapqueen is a good site.

For a beginning recipe, I might try 25% coconut oil, 5% castor oil, 40% olive oil and 40% palm oil, superfatted at 7-8% That would be a nicely balanced recipe that isn't too complicated.

judymoody said:
Soapqueen is a good site.

For a beginning recipe, I might try 25% coconut oil, 5% castor oil, 40% olive oil and 40% palm oil, superfatted at 7-8% That would be a nicely balanced recipe that isn't too complicated.

Thank you Judy. I am very overwhelmed with all the different possibilities. From what I've read part of soap making is trial and error. For my first time out I prefer to learn from other peoples trials.

Latest posts

Back