Help! Dead Mouse Smell in Truck

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to chime in with support for OdorMute (unscented product) that works, followed by Natures Miracle, Rocco & Roxie (nice scent), or any of the commercial enzyme-based cleaners. The only way to get rid of the odor is to have enzymes break it down. All of the others are a fragrance cover up Band-Aid. You will have to get the product directly on the area where the mouse died to break the proteins down.

The advice to change the cabin air filter is also good, even if you don’t have an odor problem. We just did that and it improved the flow of our air conditioning immediately!

I’ve used Odormute in an overnight soak in the washing machine to get rid of doggy scent or other odors in fabrics. After the overnight soak, just wash as usual.
Thank you!

Just rememberd we have some Natures Miracle that I soaked the carpet with. Changing the cabin air filter is a great suggestion but this is a 1981 Toyota, well before those were standard. Here is a picture of the truck

Attachments

• IMG_5755.jpeg
    IMG_5755.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back