Hello from a Lancashire Lass

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arty

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!!
Google brought me here and im more than certain this will be a very valuable forum for me but we'll get to all that shortly firstly i wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Arty im 26 from Preston Lancashire. Im very interested in art (although this is not why im called arty... long story involving Greek mythology and professional wrestling and completely irrelevant to soap making so we shan't go into it....) although im not a crafts person generally (couple of failed card making and knitting projects hiding under the stairs can vouch for this) I am very keen to at least attempt soap making... I am just about to start a new admin job for a charity i have worked for before and it is that that has brought me here to you all this evening.

I know the volunteers i will be overseeing very well as i have known them all for a good few years, i wanted to give everyone a gift for christmas, nothing fancy mainly because im broke and there are a lot of them (about 20) so after racking my brains i thought something homemade would be lovely....
so kind soapmakers i am at your mercy. I am a complete novice and require links or recipes or advice please? nothing complex (i dont want to mess it up). Also if you think perhaps this isnt the route to go down please say so, it wouldnt be the first time id decided on an impracticable project....
Many thanks in advance for any and all comments
I wait (impatiently) for your judgements
icon_razz.gif

Yours
Arty
xxx

Hellooooooo! I'm from the UK too :D

I was brought here by pretty much the same idea as you, too! I decided I wanted to make homemade gifts for my family and friends for Christmas, and after seeing some beautiful soaps on Etsy, decided upon soap!

It's seems to be a very addictive hobby - my supplies haven't even arrived yet and I'm already planning different soap gift ideas that will last me the next year haha :) The courier arrives tomorrow with my soap supplies and I am SOOOO excited!

You definitely should give it a go - you'll have so much fun, and I'm sure the volunteers will absolutely love the thought that has gone into a homemade gift :) Although I guess you'll need to think about whether you'll have enough time to cure the soaps before you give them as gifts :)

Helo there! I'm from Wales and been addicted to soap for about six months. this forum is fantastic ! I've learned so much from everyone here. good luck....don't forget you will become addicted to soap making like the rest of us!!

Thanks everyone ive been looking and looking (and think im addicted already), going to give it a try over the next couple of days just need to find a basic (and hopefully fail safe) recipe.
Laura let me know how you get on will you??? did you get your supplies from ebay or is there an online store you could recommend?
fingers crossed itll go ok
x

Latest posts

Back