Big hello from sunny Wigan/England

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_S

Reaction score
Hi all, found your forums via looking for cp soap recipes on google and keep finding fascinating topics to read about here so I thought I would take the time to register.
Small amount about me, currently unemployed (kind of but very complicated) I suffer badly with depression and anxiety. Started beekeeping earlier this year and it has inspired further experiments/projects. If anyone is currently suffering with or knows someone who is dealing with depression it might seem like an odd hobby but I can honestly say beekeeping is such a great and very interesting hobby and has helped me on my road to recovery. Iv added one but if anyone is interested I can post few more pics iv taken in my hive. Also without wanting to sound big headed I am definatly the worlds most amazing role model too 2 crazy cats they were relatively normal when I adopted them.......
On the subject of soap so far iv only tried m+p but have got all the oils and butters ect ready to make cp soap just waiting on the lye arriving tomorrow then I can get going so slightly excited about that.
My apologies for a long hello I do sometimes get carried away.
Just out of interest are there many folk from England using this forum?

Attachments

• 20180821_163033.jpg
    20180821_163033.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 12
Welcome, Chris!

I myself am from the US, but we have several folks from England that have made SMF their soapy home. You are in good company! :)

IrishLass :)

Hello from the currently sunny state of Indiana/US!
At least you are having some sunny weather mine was very much sarcastic had lots of rain here recently it's been a generally nice summer though so not complaining and after 31 years I'm more than used to it now.

Thanks for all the welcomes been reading some interesting posts

Welcome Chris, I, myself, am from the land of Shea butter and tall palm trees, Nigeria! We are an international bunch so welcome, welcome from the other side of the world.

That's interesting I have watched a few videos on how they make shea butter. Might sound a bit dumb but have you ever tried making it or seen anyone making shea butter? Im sorry but unfortunately my knowledge of parts of the world like Nigeria is very limited I know it's a vast and generally a poor country but that's about it. Maybe Iv read too much into the fact you said about shea butter and palm trees and you just mentioned that because they can be used in soap making?

That's interesting I have watched a few videos on how they make shea butter. Might sound a bit dumb but have you ever tried mt can be it or seen anyone making shea butter? Im sorry but unfortunately my knowledge of parts of the world like Nigeria is very limited I know it's a vast and generally a poor country but that's about it. Maybe Iv read too much into the fact you said about shea butter and palm trees and you just mentioned that because they can be used in soap making?

Lol! It’s alright, not dumb at all. I don’t think I would want to make Shea butter even if I can, it is a tedious process, so kudos to those men and women to do make it. You know you are a soaper when people mention oils and butters and your first thought is how it can be utilize in soap making :D I did make the Shea and Palm comment because I know they are vastly used in soap making, so you thought right :thumbs:

Hi Chris, Wales here

Where abouts in Wales? I spent 3 years in Wrexham at uni and spent probably more time exploring the Northern Welsh countryside than we really should of done it's an absolutly lovely country. Out of interest do you sell your soaps been trying to find out details about selling soaps lip balms ect but can't find much except people wanting money to approve thema

Lol! It’s alright, not dumb at all. I don’t think I would want to make Shea butter even if I can, it is a tedious process, so kudos to those men and women to do make it. You know you are a soaper when people mention oils and butters and your first thought is how it can be utilize in soap making :D I did make the Shea and Palm comment because I know they are vastly used in soap making, so you thought right :thumbs:

Well I started off with beeswax to make sure I enjoyed working with a bit product of beekeeping so started with making lip balms and shea butter is great in that. only done 2 batches of m+p soap but got everything to start making cp soap just need to find the time and energy now. That's my first attempt at no soap with any fancyness added thing I did pretty well for a first attempt

Attachments

• line_1535307075259.jpg
    line_1535307075259.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back