Hello from Washington state

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone- thank you for approving my request to join this forum.

I’m a fairly new soaper - started about a year ago - but I’m not new to formulating and making products. I had a fairly successful hair care business for many years, but retired it when life threw me a few loops and I had to step away to take care of family matters. I am stubborn in that I refuse to purchase items that I can make myself. I like to control the ingredients and the quality of the end product. I make my own hair care products, my own skin care products, cleaning products, you name it. If it has a label I will probably try to make it myself. It was inevitable that making my own soap would become my next passion.

I have no interest in selling soap or going back into business for myself. I admire you that do it. I know the challenges and understand the rewards of running your own business and I have the utmost respect for those who do it. But it isn’t a fit for me right now so I’m not here to try to gear up for business. I’m keeping my day job. I just am fascinated with making soap. I am an empty nester and live alone so I make small batches and give away what I don’t need, but I still make too much. I can’t seem to stop myself lol! It’s so relaxing to make it - it’s better than therapy - and so pleasing to lather up with my own creations. The texture, the scent, the colors, the possibilities are an irresistible draw for me to keep making more. Thank goodness it’s a consumable product!

My current interest is in researching what makes a good shaving soap. I want to make it for my sons. I haven’t attempted one yet because I am moving to Arizona next month and am packing up all my gear. It will probably be my fall project when I’m settled (and acclimated!)

My other hobbies are running, quilting, gardening, and playing video games when my brain needs a break.

Latest posts

Back