Gooey Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElenaCoralSoaps

Reaction score
I finally get to use my first few batches of soap and I love them!!!! I hate to sound like im tooting my own horn but they truly are amazing. I love the lather and the smell is great. My skin feels so soft and refreshed. i can really understand now why people love homemade soap so much. The only problem is that although I dry my soaps between washes, the soap turns gooey on the side i place against the soap dish. Its a ceramic dish so some water may accumulate on the dish. Is the gooeyness normal? How do I explain that to customers??

That's normal. I think slotted dishes are best for handmade soaps.....ANY soaps, for that matter. I've seen some people put 'advice" about the care of handmade soaps on their sites, signs and labels. Congratulations on your soaps coming out liketo wanted them to! Yay!

Glad you really like your soap , isn't it great to make something that makes your skin feel so nice. In some cases the longer the soap ages, there is less or no goo on the side of the soap. Some people put a small piece of plastic canvas in the bottom of their soap dish, so the soap isn't sitting in the H20.

Kitn

Back