Goat Milk Soap Skin Benefits?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye, so I think we are going to the depths of defining what a benefit is - from the 'use' of a soap, by which I means the lather, immediate feel and so on, it seems that blind testing shows no clear benefits of using it, not like adding sugar, for example, which increases lather.

But over a prolonged use, there might be benefits to the skin from the enzymes etc, but (so far) we have nothing conclusive on that.

My friend who is a much more experienced soaper than I am gave me two bars of soap that were identical except one was made with goats milk. There was a noticeable difference. The goat milk one was definitely creamier and lathered easily plus the bubbles were more abundant in the milk one.

She said that there is quite a bit of sugar in goats milk and that contributes to lather.

So, I don't know. Not enough experience for me to make the call but in this case it was apparent to me that I preferred the milk soap. As to health benefits or anything else I would not know.

I make a charcoal and clay soap for my face and it makes a huge difference in the size of my pores and number of breakouts. And it's not the clay, as I often use clay to colour my soaps and they don't have anywhere near the same effect. It seems to be the charcoal.

And Charcoal is not affected by alkali, so it stays intact. There is plenty of information on how it works for acne and pore size, for any non-believers, it's quite simple really as charcoal absorbs many times it's volume, sucking oils and stuff out of your pores or off your face. It also lightens and evens skin tone and people use it to whiten their teeth (myself included and it works!), so it makes sense that it can also lighten redness on your face. :lol: People are saying "yeah, but you wash it off", yes you do, I usually leave it on for 20 seconds or longer before I rinse and I use it twice a day. If I'm not lazy I also make a charcoal face mask every few weeks or so.

Latest posts

Back