French Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son took his girlfriend to Paris to propose. She brought this for me. Is it essential oil or fragrance oil? Thanks to all my French speaking friends.

Attachments

• IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1584.jpeg
    IMG_1584.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
My son took his girlfriend to Paris to propose. She brought this for me. Is it essential oil or fragrance oil? Thanks to all my French speaking friends.
Looks like an essential oil though it doesn't say exactly those words, it says "100% natural". It also says that it's good to use up to 3%. I checked their website. Translated, it doesn't seem to have the words Essential Oil anywhere on this product. But I'm not sure what the laws are in France so maybe it needs to say Natural. It says on the website that it isn't synthetic.

Almost forgot, it has limonene, if that means anything. It's found in citrus foods.

Have to say, this is kind of a bit expensive. I wouldn't use it in soap, better to use it in something like lotion, but that's just me. You are very lucky. I bet it smells absolutely wonderful.

Last edited:
I'd guess it's not an essential oil/essential oil mix because there is a separate section for essential oils. It looks (from my very bad/high-school French) like it's some kind of derivative of a natural substance (maybe aroma chemicals?) in a carrier oil. It is kind of confusing.

Looks like an essential oil though it doesn't say exactly those words, it says "100% natural". It also says that it's good to use up to 3%. I checked their website. Translated, it doesn't seem to have the words Essential Oil anywhere on this product. But I'm not sure what the laws are in France so maybe it needs to say Natural. It says on the website that it isn't synthetic.

Almost forgot, it has limonene, if that means anything. It's found in citrus foods.

Have to say, this is kind of a bit expensive. I wouldn't use it in soap, better to use it in something like lotion, but that's just me. You are very lucky. I bet it smells absolutely wonderful.
I am blessed to have this young lady in my family

Hi ! French girl here: it is a natural fragrance, not an essential oil. Although natural fragrances do have essential oils in them. Hope it helps ;)

Edited to add this:
Natural aromatic substances can be essential oils, fractions or isolates of essential oils (compounds obtained by fractional distillation of essential oils) or substances obtained from plant raw materials through ecological processes such as fermentation or hydrolysis.

You are going to be a good MIL! Where are you in NC? I spent a big chunk of time in Durham and Chapel Hill and loved it there.
I live in Troy, in the center of the state. I went to UNC-CH so I’m familiar with Chapel Hill

Hi ! French girl here: it is a natural fragrance, not an essential oil. Although natural fragrances do have essential oils in them. Hope it helps ;)

Edited to add this:
Natural aromatic substances can be essential oils, fractions or isolates of essential oils (compounds obtained by fractional distillation of essential oils) or substances obtained from plant raw materials through ecological processes such as fermentation or hydrolysis.
Thank you

Edited to add this:

This sounds right. It's a fragrance made from natural compounds, but not an essential oil. Essential oil in French would be "huile essentielle".

Yep, @A-Polly provided you with the important information from the brand website :)
I get my oils from this brand too. And only got a couple of their fragrances recently. I haven't tried them in soap yet and was actually disappointed they don't provide a specific guide line for the amount to use in cp soap. Also no information on possible discoloration or accelerating batter. Even though they do say it can be used in soap.
Consumers' comments only talk about using it in leave-on products (here it is if anyone is interested : https://www.aroma-zone.com/info/fic...cosmetique-naturelle-beauty-addict-aroma-zone)
Here is the list of the potential allergens in it, it is always good to have access to this information : limonene, geraniol, benzyle salicylate, linalol, citronellol, benzyle benzoate, citral, coumarine, farnesol.
They also say not to use it in diffusers or lip products.

If you try it, would you let me know how it went ?

Edit : Well, actually, while I was writing this post, I was thinking I should mail them and ask them about their fragrances in cp soap. Would you like me to ask a couple of questions for you as well ? How do you plan using it ?

I showed ChatGPT a pic of the jar and asked it read their website the French website for this product n yep me what it is. It said, "The product your friend got in Paris is a natural cosmetic fragrance called "Beauty Addict" by Aroma-Zone. It's a versatile scent, suitable for various types of skincare and body care products, such as moisturizers, makeup removers, and deodorants. The fragrance is described as reminiscent of a creamy and soft scent on clean, fresh skin, and it's 100% natural, with its origins in France. It's composed of natural aromatic substances that may include essential oils, fractions of essential oils, or substances derived from plant materials through eco-friendly processes like fermentation or hydrolysis. The product comes in an amber glass bottle and is not suitable for lip products. It has a powdery fragrance with fresh and light top notes and a rich, creamy base. It's also important to note that, despite being natural, some components may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, so it should not be ingested, kept out of reach of children, and avoided contact with the eyes"

Attachments

• 1703251601228.png
    1703251601228.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I showed ChatGPT a pic of the jar and asked it read their website the French website for this product n yep me what it is. It said, "The product your friend got in Paris is a natural cosmetic fragrance called "Beauty Addict" by Aroma-Zone. It's a versatile scent, suitable for various types of skincare and body care products, such as moisturizers, makeup removers, and deodorants. The fragrance is described as reminiscent of a creamy and soft scent on clean, fresh skin, and it's 100% natural, with its origins in France. It's composed of natural aromatic substances that may include essential oils, fractions of essential oils, or substances derived from plant materials through eco-friendly processes like fermentation or hydrolysis. The product comes in an amber glass bottle and is not suitable for lip products. It has a powdery fragrance with fresh and light top notes and a rich, creamy base. It's also important to note that, despite being natural, some components may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, so it should not be ingested, kept out of reach of children, and avoided contact with the eyes"
Well, that's amazingly cool it figured that out. It's also a bit scary.

Yes, please. I’m leaning towards using it in leave on products
I'm so sorry the end of 2023 was crazy busy for me and I haven't sent that e-mail yet !
And I realised I don't know what questions you'd like me to ask.
For use in leave on product they recommend on their website 0.3 to 1% if for the face and up to 2% if in a body product.
Happy new year by the way ;)

Latest posts

Back