All spice Essential oil.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use essential oils to make my spice blend soap every year. Just make sure you are using a silicon mold and have EVERYTHING else in the pot before adding the EO blend. It seizes my soap every time. Just be ready for it. I usually soap as cold as possible, only use one color, and wait until it gels to finish stick blending. You have about 30 seconds when it hits gel to finish blending and pour it. You do not have 45. Then I put the mold in the sink that has cold water and ice in it so it does not volcano. And I stand over it and watch it like a hawk to seal any cracks that appear. If I am feeling very, very adventurous, I might try to get some gold mica on the top.

I use essential oils to make my spice blend soap every year. Just make sure you are using a silicon mold and have EVERYTHING else in the pot before adding the EO blend. It seizes my soap every time. Just be ready for it. I usually soap as cold as possible, only use one color, and wait until it gels to finish stick blending. You have about 30 seconds when it hits gel to finish blending and pour it. You do not have 45. Then I put the mold in the sink that has cold water and ice in it so it does not volcano. And I stand over it and watch it like a hawk to seal any cracks that appear. If I am feeling very, very adventurous, I might try to get some gold mica on the top.
Ahaha that sounds like a blast lol . I don’t want to struggle with anything . I love the smell from hot process soap that have allspice . But it’s just not worth the battle for me . I appreciate the post . I’m trying to find away to blend a similar blend . I appreciate the reply

Any EO that contains eugenol will accelerate trace. The more eugenol, the faster it goes. 🏎️ Culprits include all spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, and a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Latest posts

Back