Freezing goat milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
I know that most of you are freezing the goat milk to a slushy state before adding the lye when making GM CP but should I do this if I am using powdered goat milk?

You shouldn't have to.....just add it at light trace and stick blend in the powder. :)

Jody I mix the powder with water and add it at trace. I use the water to make sure there are no lumps in the soap. It works really well - pictures please..... :D

I've been using goat milk powder and I just reserved some of the oils and stick blended the goat milk in with that. Then added a bit of soap at light trace, and stick blended again. Then I added that mixture to the rest of the soap.

I found that my goat milk powder had a lot of lumps in it, so I did all the extra steps (rather than just adding it at trace) to make sure all the lumps were blended in really well.

How much powder are you adding to what size batch? I just made a batch with goat milk powder in it last night and used 1 oz of powder per lb of oils. My soap is a little crumbly and chalky, so I wouldn't suggest using as much as I did!

Lindy said:
Jody I mix the powder with water and add it at trace. I use the water to make sure there are no lumps in the soap. It works really well - pictures please..... :D

Thank you! I should have mentioned adding the water DUH! :oops:

Barb said:
meyenburg; 4 oz. powdered makes 32 oz milk.

100% gm 1 oz. for every 8 oz. of water

Hmm... that seems about right for what I used then. I have 16 oz of water in my recipe and I used 2 oz of goat milk powder (it seemed like way more though!)

This gives me hope that in a few days my soap will be okay. :)

Latest posts

Back