Door dash

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was sitting here last week thinking that Door Dash might be a good idea to make a little extra money on my own time. I filled out the application and such, and had to wait for a background check, which came back in minutes.

Well crap, I forgot about my license being suspended two years ago because of expired registration...don't judge me LOL. It was covid and everything was closed, and I couldn't do a mail in or online car registration because they wanted me to update with my new insurance in person, which the dmv was closed to walk-ins.

Anyway I got pulled over on my way to work and got a warning, then got pulled over on my way home from work and got a ticket because I already got a warning (8 hours prior). For some reason I couldn't pay the ticket online and the message online was that I needed to show proof of insurance...which again, dmv was closed. A few weeks later I got a regular mail letter stating that I could go to walgreens to pay it LOL LOL. Paid it and everything went back to normal. So I guess Door Dash isn't going to let me deliver for them. No worries. It was just a fleeting thought anyway.

I got an email from them the other day that they are considering "adverse action" because I had the suspension on my record. Like OK dudes, I never delivered for you, so what adverse action are you planning? Is that your way of saying NO, or am I waiting for a letter from your lawyer? The email sounds like impending doom like I am in big trouble. They want me to contact them asap or they will "proceed with adverse action" LOL.

Seriously the letter goes on for like two pages explaining my rights. It is literally the ONLY thing on my record because I have never gotten a ticket before.

You recently authorized DoorDash, Inc. (“the Company”) to obtain consumer reports and/or investigative consumer reports about you from a consumer reporting agency. DoorDash is considering taking adverse action regarding your engagement with the DoorDash platform in whole or in part based on information in such report(s), including the following specific items identified in the report:
  • DRIV WHILE LIC CANC/REV/SUSP

I am pretty sure they are required by law to send that long letter under the Fair Credit Reporting Act because their denial was based on your credit report. Even if you don't want to drive for them, I'd actually contact them to ask them to reconsider and approve you, otherwise their denial may also show on your credit report. I'm not entirely sure about that, but wouldn't want to risk it.

It wasnt a denial though. It says they are considering adverse action. I think i assume its a denial. Just the wording is concerning.
From what you read, it is a legally required letter under the FCRA. Basically, anytime someone pulls your credit report, they have to write you one of these letters and give you an opportunity to respond in case you believe that what they saw on your credit report was inaccurate.

So, they are not bullying, just CYA-ing or they could be subject to a minimum $5k fine for not giving you that legal notice, IIRC.

Last edited:
From what you read, it is a legally required letter under the FCRA. Basically, anytime someone pulls your credit report, they have to write you one of these letters and give you an opportunity to respond in you believe that what they saw on your credit report was inaccurate.

So, they are not bullying, just CYA-ing or they could be subject to a minimum $5k fine for not giving you that legal notice, IIRC.
I was curious and looked it up because I thought it only applied to "credit", but it also applies to employment decisions and other assorted transactions. And such notices also fall under ECOA and Regulation B. Good to know.

But for the laymen, it doesn't "sound" good and thus would be cause for concern.

I was curious and looked it up because I thought it only applied to "credit", but it also applies to employment decisions and other assorted transactions. And such notices also fall under ECOA and Regulation B. Good to know.

But for the laymen, it doesn't "sound" good and thus would be cause for concern.
Agreed, and they don't need to make them sound as ominous as they do. But lawyers, you know ;)

They didnt pull my credit, they did a background check
That includes a “soft” credit check. That is different than a true check for financial purposes, so it doesn’t count on your report as an actual “credit check.” But it does trigger the FCRA letter requirement.

That includes a “soft” credit check. That is different than a true check for financial purposes, so it doesn’t count on your report as an actual “credit check.” But it does trigger the FCRA letter requirement.
I didn't get a hard pull nor a soft pull...I am obsessed with checking my credit multiple times a day lately LOL. They pulled my driving record.

I'm not sweating it. If they don't want me then fine lol. Its not like it was a "driving" ticket. I suppose I can call them tomorrow. Covid is an excuse for pretty much everything these days lmbo.

I was going to pick up a per diem job at one of the hospitals around here, but it is so hard for me to make a commitment. Just thought it would be a good gig. Oh well.

Dang, and now I might not get their free hot bag as promised...

Back