For Those Who Use Column Molds........

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueSoap

Reaction score
Do you have any advice about how to get the stuff out of the mold? I have one of Brambleberry's with the liner, and still had a hard time getting the soap out.

Do you think there is a certain recipe that's better than another for releasing the soap from the mold?

I've got several I had made at the local hardware store from PVC, but am reluctant to use them because I fear I may never get the soap out!

Have you tried putting the soap in the freezer for a couple of hours before unmolding?

I just made my first batch with the BB column mold this weekend and two things I learned about it:

1. your recipe needs to be harder oils - palm, rice bran, coconut, shea, etc. I will not use any OO next time
2. patience, patience, patience. I tried to unmold from the liner after 24 hours. Now I have some pits in the sides of my soap where the soap stuck to the liner. Will keep in the mold up to 48hrs and put in freezer for 1-2 hours before attempting to unmold.

Other than that I love it. Was easy to use, the liner slipped out of the outer mold very easily, and you can make smaller batches if you want. I was reluctant to try pvc too and glad I bought this mold.

Back