following the soap ball embeds fad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcornett

Reaction score
Ok I don't usually follow fads and fashions much, but when I see someone using a soapmaking technique that I haven't tried yet...I just can't resist. I'm not real happy with the spicy apple & peach because the balls look more like pepperoni than they do the red apples they were supposed to LOL :? But here they are:

This is the spicy apple & peach. I was going for nice red balls in a peachy base, but I got this :roll:

This one's mistle toe & ivy (I know it's a Christmas scent, but I still love it)

And here they are together

While the apples do look amazing like pepperoni, they look like very nice pepperoni. I'm in awe, you did great! The green is beautiful!

AmyW said:
While the apples do look amazing like pepperoni, they look like very nice pepperoni. I'm in awe, you did great! The green is beautiful!
LOL kind of puts ya in the mood for pizza don't it? :lol:

Love them both. I did a blue background with mauve balls. Found it very labour intensive and marked the mould as to where to place them so they'd be in the right place for cutting.

Relle.

Thanks Ya'll! I was a little nervous about sharing them because they weren't exactly what I was going for (Mel, LOL :) ) but they are the first soaps that I've made in awhile that are out of the ordinary, so I was a bit overdue for a pic post. Thanks for the great complements.

LOL :lol: When you soap with balls you open youself up for all types of comments. LOL :wink:

So beautiful!

I'm thinking I'm going to have to give this whole 'ball' thing a go sometime in the future ... until then, I'm loving looking at the finished products people like you are making! Thanks!

Thanks!! I saw all the recent pics and wanted to try it too LOL. Now that I have I'm not sure that I'll do it again...but if I do (Dragonkaz) I think I'll go with smaller balls. That way maybe they'll be cuter and not remind me of meatballs or pepperoni. Making them some way out color would help too! :lol:

I love them. As for the Christmas scent, just rename it something springy!

Thanks Tabitha, that's exacly what I was thinking. Since the mistletoe & ivy has a sort of pine fragrance in it I was thinking about something like: forest fresh, or fresh pine...I haven't really decided on one though, so any suggestions would be welcomed. :)

Back