The "way too much work" Christmas soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintguru

Reaction score
I had been wanting to try this embed thing for a while. I made two colors, red and yellow, to simulate Christmas ornaments. I scented each differently (yellow was frankincense and myrrh FOs, red was cranberry FO). Weight fraction of each ornament was 10%. Hand rolled the balls prior to making the bulk green matrix (fir EO scented). Here is how it turned out. Not quite what I was looking for, but not terrible. Not sure I'll get the scent of the ornaments over the scent of the fir, but last time I used fir, it mellowed dramatically during sure, so we'll see. Also, I'm not a fan of the final colors...green needs to be darker, red and yellow needs to be more, well red and yellow. Maybe I'll just stick with swirls :).

CameraZOOM-20130915080425922.jpg

Paintguru, I think it looks great! I love embeded balls but I agree, there is too much work with it

Looks great! I agree with you on the embeds, though. Too fussy and time consuming.

True red is really hard to get in soap unless you want red lather. I like your result.

It does sound like way too much work, but I love the results. It's plenty colorful for me! I wish I could smell it.

How cool is it that WE all get how much work that was for you?! I thought they came out great!

I think it looks great! And agree on imbeds.
I had to color 7 colors and hand cut to tiny pieces then cook differently for mine. Not sure how much I want to do it again but fun to try huh?!
Will be a fun treat in your bathroom.

I think they're perfect! And I love time consuming soap because sometimes the process goes by too fast for me and then I just want to make more ha! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

The embeds are adorable! It's quite a good green and red. I've been searching for a christmas red, but I think my friends and family are going to have to make due with a christmas purpley-burdundy instead!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments. As for the pigments, the green is simple green oxide. The red is a mixture of Neon Red from TKB and red oxide. The yellow is neon laser yellow pigment from WSP.

Latest posts

Back