Soap ball embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AussieSoaper

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I need help with soap ball embeds. I want to make a fancy soap to give to my school teachers for Christmas gifts.

I have seen a few soaps with balls embedded. I tried to make them but my balls just crumbled. What I did was make a small batch up last night, it's about 2cm thick. This morning I have cut cubes off and tried to roll, but the soap just crumbles and is really wet still. Am I trying to roll too soon?

Any tips or tutorials? I really want to make a statement with a fun, funky Chrissy soap.

Thanx. :)

Pretty please! Can someone help me? I just tried rolling another, but it just won't roll into a nice ball. Do I have to wash the balls to get a smooth finish?

My balls always ended up looking hairy! :lol: Never could get them perfectly round or smooth with rolling them. I gave up, not patient enough.

This is just one of quite a few threads on ball embeds. Go to search and enter ball and embeds to find more. Include the word and in the search.
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... lls+embeds

Lyn, who comments in this thread makes amazing soaps with ball embeds, among other things. She says she rolls them by hand. If you bump into her around here you might want to chat her up. You can follow the link on her post to her blog to see how nice hers are, something to aspire to. :wink:

Thanx Prairie.
But - I did it! I made soap balls and I am so happy :) Now to sink them in some soap :lol:

I find that the recipe makes a great deal of difference. Some just get hard too quickly to work with. A 65% OO 30% CO 5% castor works pretty well. Don't gel and then it is a matter of waiting till the soap is the right texture to work with. FO can change how the soap behaves too.

Mine often end up a bit rough textured also, if I am too impatient to wait for the perfect moisture content in the soap to get a smooth ball. I tell myself that it helps them adhere to the soap log better.

OH, I see you posted as I was typing. Glad they worked out for you!

Latest posts

Back