First use of homemade shave soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

CTAnton

Reaction score
I made 4 various recipes for shave soap from the forum. They're all roughly a month old and there was a small piece of L Bussy's formula so i thought I'd try it. I've been using store bought shave soap from Wally World....came with the soap and a brush and that was an improvement over an aerosol shaving cream. I wondered if it was the brush action raising my beard for a better shave. Can i say WOW now? The closest and most comfortable shave ever with my skin Not feeling dried out, tight...just smooth as a babies bare.....WOW! So for those of you sitting on the fence over whether its worth the bother, I assure you it is! One last WOW!

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yay! That's wonderful! :thumbup:

CTAnton said:
So for those of you sitting on the fence over whether its worth the bother, I assure you it is!
My hubby concurs! He says he'll never go back to store-bought shave soap.

IrishLass :)

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It's so worth it. My husband has been using my shave soap for several years now and will never go back. I have several family members as well. I like it for shaving my legs.

Nao

Reaction score
What I want to know is how the homemade stuff compares to Taylor of old bond and the likes?

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty broad - many people don't like soap A but rave about B while other shavers love soap A and can't get on with B at all. You would have to be much more specific, not least when it comes to "the homemade stuff" - that alone varies greatly

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Yeah, those shaver dudes are picky fellas. But they are OUR picky shaver dudes ... gotta love 'em. :mrgreen:

Latest posts