First Shave Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel absolutely gobsmacked at how well this recipe worked. Ok, I haven't shaved with it, and I only have a used toothbrush to sub for a real shaving brush, but I used my hands to make some lather, and just wow. The photos are in sequence (I hope) and taken over the course of 3 HOURS. The last photo is of me taking some of the creamy suds on my fingers to show that they are still moist and not just dried out. I can't wait to hear what my older son and my younger son's workmates have to say about it!
Photos of my shaving soap, 13+ hrs after cook.

HI, the photos do not seem to be available anymore, are you able to post an alternative link?
Also, without any photos or context, what consistency was your soap? I am looking to recreate a no longer existing olive oil commercial shaving cream that is between a hard soap and shaving cream (whipped type). It it more like a paste that lathers up quickly when rubbing with a brush. Maybe your one is similar.

Latest posts

Back