First use of homemade shave soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
I made 4 various recipes for shave soap from the forum. They're all roughly a month old and there was a small piece of L Bussy's formula so i thought I'd try it. I've been using store bought shave soap from Wally World....came with the soap and a brush and that was an improvement over an aerosol shaving cream. I wondered if it was the brush action raising my beard for a better shave. Can i say WOW now? The closest and most comfortable shave ever with my skin Not feeling dried out, tight...just smooth as a babies bare.....WOW! So for those of you sitting on the fence over whether its worth the bother, I assure you it is! One last WOW!

Yay! That's wonderful! :thumbup:

CTAnton said:
So for those of you sitting on the fence over whether its worth the bother, I assure you it is!

My hubby concurs! He says he'll never go back to store-bought shave soap.

IrishLass :)

It's so worth it. My husband has been using my shave soap for several years now and will never go back. I have several family members as well. I like it for shaving my legs.

What I want to know is how the homemade stuff compares to Taylor of old bond and the likes?

That's pretty broad - many people don't like soap A but rave about B while other shavers love soap A and can't get on with B at all. You would have to be much more specific, not least when it comes to "the homemade stuff" - that alone varies greatly

Back