Going without soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I've known a couple people in my life that didn't use soap or shampoo. All I can say is peeeeeeewwwww!! They don't think they don't smell but my nose knows better. You can smell them a mile away and they are usually greasy with greasy stinky hair. Not a guy I want to kiss or get close too! Just my experience so take it or leave it.

Mel Z brings up an important point. We live in a world of viruses, bacteria, germs, etc. I'd much rather clean with mild soapy warm water than not to clean myself and especially my hands when I handle dirty things. If I stepped in dog poo and just used water you really think I wouldn't smell after? Get real.

I love using handmade soap and thats the best choice I made in my life to use only real soap and not wash my skin with detergent and chemical filled commercial soap. My skin is clean, smells good, is moisturized, smoothe, and HEALTHY!

I'm in the camp with vajays are self regulating. Look at all the stuff some of you are posting about your intimate parts and yet you have problems down there. Humidity will cause yeast infections, I do know that much. But I have never had one and only get UTIs when I am dehydrated and my urine gets too concentrated from lack of water.

I'm in the camp with vajays are self regulating. Look at all the stuff some of you are posting about your intimate parts and yet you have problems down there. Humidity will cause yeast infections, I do know that much. But I have never had one and only get UTIs when I am dehydrated and my urine gets too concentrated from lack of water.

It's mostly your immune system and anything that throws it off, like illness, allergies, antibiotics.
So often when you get a UTI and need treatment, you'll go from one problem to another.

Groin is a pretty broad word for that whole area there *makes sweep of hand*. I can tell you for a fact that intimate cleansers for women, even the unscented ones (ugh don't get me started on the scented) are just chock full of detergents and other nefarious ingredients, no matter how "pH balanced" they are. I have a much better reaction to gentle homemade bar soap.

What you say is true. One can wash the outer area but should really avoid taking soap to the inner folds and just use warm water to flush that area.

Last edited:
TMI, TMI, TMI!!! :Kitten Love::!: :shock:

Lol, I did see a famous doc (O) on t.v. once, must have been over the holidays as I am usually at work and don't get to watch such things, said what some are saying about not soaping the area.

Well, I'm just not going there. I soap. If that smelly stuff from near there is anywhere near there, then soap is going there, and everywhere else.

Hello, soap making forum here. We need soap, we need soap everywhere. Lol, lol. :shh:

Still, TMI!!!

I wouldn't advise using anything but water really.

Recently they started advertising peppermint scented vj wipes over here, called 'chilly'.

Their slogan, 'my intimacy, my chilly; on your way, at work and going for a drink'.

:Kitten Love:

Groin is a pretty broad word for that whole area there *makes sweep of hand*. I can tell you for a fact that intimate cleansers for women, even the unscented ones (ugh don't get me started on the scented) are just chock full of detergents and other nefarious ingredients, no matter how "pH balanced" they are. I have a much better reaction to gentle homemade bar soap.

What you say is true. One can wash the outer area but should really avoid taking soap to the inner folds and just use warm water to flush that area.

This is what I was thinking! I didn't know how to put it, so I decided to say nothing.

I wouldn't advise using anything but water really.

Recently they started advertising peppermint scented vj wipes over here, called 'chilly'.

Their slogan, 'my intimacy, my chilly; on your way, at work and going for a drink'.

:Kitten Love:

I thought these were widely known to be bad to use (or whatever word my doctor tells me after having a baby [as if I didn't already know]).

I'm surprised they still exist or are at all on the market.

I thought these were widely known to be bad to use (or whatever word my doctor tells me after having a baby [as if I didn't already know]).

I'm surprised they still exist or are at all on the market.

You'd think, but people talk about just anything but that.

They even picture a little car with the 'on your way' part.
Like you're driving on the highway and feel the sudden need for some peppermint on your girly bits :lol:

You'd think, but people talk about just anything but that.

They even picture a little car with the 'on your way' part.
Like you're driving on the highway and feel the sudden need for some peppermint on your girly bits :lol:

What? Holy cow!!

My husband and I have recently noticed an interesting trend in advertising which we think is hilarious. It's where the commercial has nothing to do with the product.

For instance (my own example):

A girl is at a Banana Republic, and notices a sweater she just HAS to have. She looks at her friend and says, "Look at this beautiful Banana Republic sweater. I don't know if I should buy it."

Friend says, "Go ahead, buy it."

Black screen, words and the man's voice over of "Toyota Forerunner. Get there. Lease one now for only $1500/mo."

Ha, we find it funny how people are stretching advertising into absolute absurdity, lately. Like they're trying to see just how stupid we the public, are.

Last edited:
"...peppermint on your girly bits..."

Ugh, peppermint "down there". That is soooo not my cuppa tea, thankyouverymuch.

I thought the "feminine hygiene sprays" and such, which were quite a fad in the 70s, went the way of the dodo bird. Obviously I'm showing my age and utter lack of interest in such things.

mel z, I'm sorry for offending your sensibilities. I actually thought I was being quite delicate. I didn't use the "v" word, and I didn't describe what I do in gross detail to the best of my abilities. I try to remain as scientific as possible, however some of those words incite giggles and dirty looks so I did the best I could.

dagmar88, I don't use soap in the "zone" (surely no one can object to "zone", however completely mysterious it sounds). Soap is fine where the grass grows? Help me out here, guys. I'm trying not to upset anyone. :)

mel z, I'm sorry for offending your sensibilities. I actually thought I was being quite delicate.
(....)
Help me out here, guys. I'm trying not to upset anyone. :)

Ah, well. Every woman's got one.
Americans are a bit silly. (no offence :p )
Half naked woman, violence, drugs, psychiatric problems and horrible medical emergences on tv, but vagina's have to be sugar coated :lol:

I wasn't offended, I was just joking around. Sorry if that was not clear.

I think the whole turn of subject is quite interesting.

Well, um. . . peppermint is nice and tingly, right? I suppose that could have a purpose "anywhere," depending on what sort of girl you are.

I'm severely allergic.
Let's just say it involved shaving oil with peppermint EO not labelled clearly (who ever thought of that should be sacked) and mowing grass.
No type of girl wants her Mount Wycheproof to turn into Mount Everest :crazy:

Lotus, I am sooooo not going to fill your conversational opening -- that will get me in way too much trouble. ;)

Lotus, I am sooooo not going to fill your conversational opening -- that will get me in way too much trouble. ;)

Ha! I know, women often have to keep that level of decorum. Always an appearance of chastity. : ) Or something like that.

Latest posts

Back