First salt bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrambleNBumble

Reaction score
This is my first batch of salt bars. I used coconut, olive, castor, and rice bran oils. I scented it with grapefruit, tangerine, and lime EO's and it smells so amazing. The color is from the tangerine oil and I love it.

Sent from my XT907 using Soap Making mobile app

1382043571310.jpg

Nice and love the color! Yours came out much better than my only attempt at salt bars.

Nice and love the color! Yours came out much better than my only attempt at salt bars.

Thanks!! I didn't use a one to one ratio of salt to oils but only about 75%, and I added the salt at a light trace versus a medium and I still had to blend it a bit longer before I put it into my mold. Once in the mold I put it in my oven at 175 degrees for about two hours, popped it into my freezer just long enough for me to be able to touch the top of the soap and the sides of the mold and not burn myself. Once out of the mold I cut it right away and it was still fairly warm in the center but I put it on my soap shelf in my closet and this is how they looked today.

Last edited:
Good job. My first definitely didn't look like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Lovely! Every time I make salt bars they weep like crazy. I figured it was the humidity down here in south mississippi. Then again I never put them in the oven either. I wonder if putting them in the oven would cut down on the weeping?

Latest posts

Back