First ever soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rah

Reaction score
My first ever soap is finally finished! I made it this weekend using CP and a recipe for kitchen soap from a book - I have to say, it was SO FUN. I did get a little bit worried when it didn't seem to be thickening at all, and even seemed to be separating in between stirring, but then it suddenly traced and I almost had a heart attack of JOY.
Some bits crumbled when I cut them, but mostly it went ok. I kept the crumbled bits in case I could use them for doing something else in future. I also rubbed one under the tap with gloves on and it LATHERED. YAY. Can't wait for it to be cured so I can use it. :)

Anyway, here it is:
Kitchensoap.jpg

Kitchensoap2.jpg

Tried to be artistic with my photos so I sprinkled instant coffee on top haha!
I was going to go for an interesting arrangement of other coffee related items in the background, but I couldn't get it all in focus (camera newb, lol) and also I was worried my dad would get home and wonder what the hell I was doing with a pile of soap on a plate in the kitchen. :)

Needless to say I enjoyed making this very much and am definitely going to make more. :D

Congrats on your first soap! It looks great and I love how the instant coffee looks sprinkled on it for your pics....So what's your next soap?

Thanks guys! :) It is a great feeling, I can't wait to make more!

For my next soap I was considering making either a vegetarian one because I was thinking about giving soaps as gifts to friends, but several of them are veggie so I felt sort of bad for using beef fat in my first one, OR, a shampoo bar. If you have any links to recipes for either it would be helpful, I don't want to rely always on recipes from the books so I'd like to maybe mix things up a bit or something.
I'm also going to try superfatting in my next recipe. :]

Latest posts

Back