First attempt at tiger stripe and pencil lin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanafana

Reaction score
My first attempt at these techniques I see everyone do so effortlessly here. You guys inspire!!!

I definitely thought the tiger stripe was a complete fail when pouring. I made a ridiculous mess like never before and the colors and scent aren't quite what I wanted but it turned out better than expected.

I still can't figure out how to make a clean looking bar to save my life, but that's just one of the gazillion things I still have to learn!

Thanks for looking! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1404251624.662582.jpgq

Oops! Forgot the other pic ImageUploadedBySoap Making1404254023.554523.jpg

Gorgeous tiger stripes, they're really lovely! Amazing for a first attempt. I can't wait to try this myself now!

Thanks guys. I did attempt a swirl before and it came out tiger stripe-ish but was quite horrible. This was my first conscious effort at it. I must say it was not fun making, because I was so nervous that I messed up. I thought it would be a gray mess!! And who has soap goods to waste!!

These are amazing, I love the bars are tall and not wide. Great job and I can't believe this is your first time, congrats!

I agree with everyone 100% - they're beautiful! I would have thought you'd done a tiger stripe many times before. The pencil lines look great! I love the subtle color difference between the lines too. Seriously excellent soaping day for you! :smile:

Thanks y'all! I post pics here to gauge if I'm on the right track. Any pointers on how to make it better are welcome and appreciated as well!

yer a natural! i love both soaps, seriously!

my 1st attempt at pencil line failed tremendously. at that time, i didn't understand the importance of a siever, i just used my bare hands coz i thought hey this is quicker, LOL! the layers split, big time.

yer a natural! i love both soaps, seriously!

my 1st attempt at pencil line failed tremendously. at that time, i didn't understand the importance of a siever, i just used my bare hands coz i thought hey this is quicker, LOL! the layers split, big time.

OMG! I didn't even think about the bars splitting. Would that happen right away?! Or can it sneak up on me later, like...in the shower lol

OMG! I didn't even think about the bars splitting. Would that happen right away?! Or can it sneak up on me later, like...in the shower lol

i think yours will be okay. mine was def too thick it split right away after i took it out of the mold.

Back