First attempt at color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff

Reaction score
This is my 7th batch, so I thought I would try some color. Nothing crazy, just something simple. I used spirulina powder to get the green. Not sure if I added too much. I also CPOPed it. This time, CPOP worked great. I didn't get any bubbles on top like last time and I was able to unmold and cut this morning. I scented with lemongrass and patchouli EO's.

imageiny.jpg

Very nice, that is a great green and I bet the lemongrass and patch make a nice blend :)

Nice job with those color Cliff....your on your way...I like the comment Miz Jenny made about it reminding her of chocolate mint oreo cookies...yeees...

Those look amazing! The colors go so well with the scent & the swirls on top look REALLY good! Beautiful soaps! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the kind compliments. I actually really like the way it smells. I did almost half and half with the two EOs. A tad more lemongrass than patchouli. The only EOs I currently had were lavender, patchouli, and a little tester of lemongrass so not many options there. I googled spirulina first before adding it straight into the batch to be sure it was safe to do instead of infusion.

My first impression was chocolate mint oreo cookies. Tres cool!

Yes! That would be a fitting scent. Maybe have a dark chocolate color soap with a green stripe across the middle. That would be even better.

Latest posts

Back