Favorite fragrances to use

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
MrsSpaceShip - your story really struck a chord with me . . . I think I was also a recipient of those same honeysuckle bath cubes. Haven't thought about them in a really long time but I enjoyed them just as much as you did!

ETA: I had to check because I remember getting a mix of different scents. This is the set I received way back when: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/226086235/vintage-bath-cubes-english-set-of-6?ref=market

Oh, my. I have fond memories of those as well. I thought those might be the ones MrsSpaceShip mentioned. I used to "sneak" them in the tub as a child, along with my mom's bath oil beads. I say sneak because she absolutely knew it was me, but she never reprimanded me for it. I used to think it was such a treasure and I was so grown up. lol. Wow...

GalaxyMLP,
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed my memory.

Doriettefarm,
Oh my word, those are them!! I had to add the "based on" because it was a ahem long time ago, and the memory isn't what it used to be, but every time I smell honeysuckle, that's the what comes to mind.

lizard1232,
Thanks for posting the question and making me think of that memory. It is amazing how a scent will transport you. I purchased some honeysuckle FO without really thinking a while back and whoosh, right back in the bathroom holding one of those hard grainy little bricks under the running water. Ah, I need to go huff my FO's now. :)

Edit: Words

Last edited:
Can't believe all 3 of us received the same set of bath cubes when we were kids, that's wild! I remember hoarding them too and being so sad when they were all gone. And the bath oil beads/pearls . . . remember those too but always liked the cubes better.

Oh, oh ... me too!!! ... I got those same bath cubes as a kid! Yes, fond memories.....! And I'm quite sure they didn't cost $20 back then -- they were definitely a nice but inexpensive stocking stuffer.

Galaxy -- you wanted a "....warm autumn scent for the coming season..."

Just soaped with Teakwood and Cardamom from Natures Garden and I'd say it fits the bill. Woodsy and spicy with a pleasant peppery accent. OOB, the peppery-cardamom scent is pretty strong, but don't judge it by how it smells in the bottle. I used it at 5% ppo in CP soap and it was fine.

I also like Autumn Woods from Majestic Mountain Sage. Another woodsy, spicy scent with a fresh, clean overlay. My husband and guy friends like it as much as I do.

Another FO I didn't expect to like ... but I was wrong! ... is Autumn Afternoon by NG; it's a woodsy vanilla scent. I don't normally like vanilla scents because I think most are cloying and overly sweet, but Autumn Afternoon is the exception to the rule. Discolors to caramel due to 1.8% vanillin content.

Do you all remember the bath salts? My mom received some outrageously purple bath salts as a gift, they were probably supposed to be lilac or lavender. They created a cloud of purple purfume and tinged the bathwater an unnatural shade of violet.
At least I know exactly what's in my bombs and salts now. Tonight calls for honeysuckle.

I remember my mom letting me use some of those bath oils in the little gelatin capsules when I was little. I always thought those were so cool. Today's equivalent would be bath melts! :)

NA and Dee, I'll have to pick up some teakwood and cardamom then! I think I'm going to place an order with NG soon. :)

I remember making bath salts as a girl scout and 4H-er -- epsom salts tinted with (I think) food coloring and some kind of scent. Shake it all up and put it in a pretty glass bottle. Can't say the result was a "to die for" product, but it was fun to do.

Grapefruit!! Also fresh green, and definitely patchouli (which always reminds me of some pretty happy times in my youth). Not a huge floral fan, but a lovely soft peony I adore. Oh, and peppermint/rosemary EO blend.

Holy cow the memories are flooding... I totally had those hard little cubes, bath oil beads I use to get into of my grandmothers, and the purple bath crystals! Thank you for the walk down memory lane.

Latest posts

Back