Favorite Colorants and Suppliers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cursivearts

Reaction score
I am starting to find some lovely scents and I've got some of my basic recipes down to where I am very happy with them, but I am still experimenting with colors. I find I prefer the powder colors (to me less messy and easy cleanup). I am all for natural, micas, oxides, pigments, so I wanted to know some of everyone's favorite colors, what colors they come out in soap and where you
get them! Thanks in advance!

I love micas from The Conservatorie, but unfortunately they do require a $50 minimum order. I've gotten great deep vibrant purples from their Kamikaze Mica and blue from Blue Kamikaze, and their yellows and greens are great also (with the exception of the Starlight Green which just turned grey). I also love their antique gold glitter for the top.

WSP has a lot of natural colorants, but their prices on micas are terrible. Brambleberry has some. I have to admit I am overwhelmed by the choices on tkbtrading and the Conservatorie. I have to admit the Conservatorie is probably out just for the 50$ minimum order.

Latest posts

Back