Face soap for acne with bentonite clay

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

souljasam

Reaction score
So i have some bentonite clay and i believe i read that its good for oily skin and helps with acne. Now my question is how much bentonite clay would i put in a batch that is 20oz of oil? Also i dont really have a recipie in mind yet, but i have tallow, palm, coconut, and oo availible. Any suggestions? My first batch i made with oo pomace, coconut, and palm is a bit squeaky and im not a fan of that really. What exactly causes the squeakiness? The cleansing factor?

Could be the cleansing factor, or could be it needs to cure a bit longer. I don't use palm, but think the other three would make a nice soap. The palm would be fine, too, with less coconut. I can't answer about the clay.

I too have oily skin and the issue I usually have is most soaps overdry my skin and make the oil problem worse, so what I did was plug stuff into soapcalc until I got a soap on the low end of cleansing. I added a few drops of lavender oil for it's skin soothing benefits and added french green clay, rather than bentonite, and I love it. I used olive, palm, coconut and a few other oils (avocado, sweet almond and castor).

Back