Ever been asked to dye your soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cally

Reaction score
My grandfather phoned me this morning. The same one that has made my soap molds and has said that he loves getting my handmade gifts. The same one that makes knives and knits and so knows the passion that goes into making things.

He has asked me not to give him any white soap anymore, only ones that I have dyed. You might ask, why is that? Well that answer would stem from my grandmother who is getting a little..... absent minded. She made him a grilled soap sandwich, having mixed up the white cheddar with my white soap. This is, of course, after that funky tasting omelette that she had made him the other day.

I've promised to only ever send him dyed soap. (Not green because that might just be moldy cheese and end up getting tossed.) However his experience has made me wonder if you all have had to adjust the way you make soap for any odd reasons? And, I'm wondering what the best colour would be...

What ever you do, don't make anything that looks like bacon :) Or chocolate:) Or smells like peppermint patties :) Your grandfather sounds lovely!

What about purple? There aren't many purple foods. I made alkanet infused oil a few months ago, try to make a red swirled peppermint but instead got an awesome shade of purple.

Latest posts

Back