EU-based CP newbie here :)

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

GGWP

Reaction score
w6533-hello-01.jpg

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to first say hi before asking any questions in the forum :) I've already read some threads and am fascinated with the great community here! I am a fellow soapmaking newbie residing in the Netherlands. I discovered this passion of mine just recently and I am so excited to create my first soap with the CP method. I bulk-ordered basic tools and ingredients and now I'm impatiently waiting for them to arrive so I can start! :) Right now I'm trying to get a hold of the lye calculator (it looks so complicated.. ) and prepare my first recipe. I decided to firstly go with olive oil + coconut oil + shea butter and use some essential oil combo such as rosemary + bergamot + lavender. It's the most basic recipe I could find and adjust :) I'm a bit confused by the superfatting index too, but decided to go for 5% as I see this most often in recipes. Let's see what will happen after I create my first batch :)

Nice to meet you all! Are there any bloggers here? I'm looking for a soap recipe blog suitable for newbies, specializing in CP and palm-free soaps :)

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, welcome!
You may benefit from checking some sites such as lovin' soap studio, and modern soapmaking.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Besides the blogs that AMD recommended, you might try some of the YouTube channels that offer good basic soapmaking instruction:

SoapQueen (Brambleberry)
Soaping 101
I Dream in Soap