Elements FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello again everyone. I've decided to try the Balsam & Citrus from Elements. To help defray shipping, I'd like to choose one other scent from them. Is there one, unique to them, that is an absolute must have? Thanks for your assistance. Working on a new photo to add.

Of the few I’ve tried from Elements, I recommend Patchouli Honey. They have two good vanilla choices: Antahala Vanilla and Vanilla. Neither have the buttery, bakery notes that I tend to dislike. Of the two, I personally prefer the Vanilla. I haven’t soaped it yet, but Manuka Lavender Body Wrap is nice OOB.

Of the few I’ve tried from Elements, I recommend Patchouli Honey. They have two good vanilla choices: Antahala Vanilla and Vanilla. Neither have the buttery, bakery notes that I tend to dislike. Of the two, I personally prefer the Vanilla. I haven’t soaped it yet, but Manuka Lavender Body Wrap is nice OOB.
I really like Patchouli Honey. I’ve only tested it. Haven’t figured out a design to cope with the discoloration. Making a batch of whipped body butter with it.

I think I'll try this one. I'm still leery of less than 4 oz of fragrance in 8 lbs of oils, but we will see. Thanks for all your help
I'm a little confused by the numbers being used on another thread about this FO. I generally use .7 oz of fragrance per lb of oil. There was some reference about 2.75 % usage rate. Just need educating. Thanks

Was referering to the Balsam and Citrus.
Ah, ok. I understand your confusion…I think. I (and many others) use grams when I make CP soap so I go by percentage of oils to determine how much fo I need for a batch of soap. That would mean I’d use 2.7% of oils weight. If I’m making a batch that comprises 1,600 grams of oils, that would require 43 grams of fragrance oil. In other words, 1,600g x 2.7% = 43 grams.

I did read a reviews of the balsam citrus and one person noted that they used 1 Oz. ppo.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I understand your confusion…I think. I (and many others) use grams when I make CP soap so I go by percentage of oils to determine how much fo I need for a batch of soap. That would mean I’d use 2.7% of oils weight. If I’m making a batch that comprises 1,600 of oils, that would require 43 grams of fragrance oil. In other words, 1,600 x 2.7% = 43 grams.

I did read a reviews of the balsam citrus and one person noted that they used 1 Oz. ppo.
Thanks.

Balsam and Citrus - I haven't used for years but it was a strong fragrance and I probably used between .5-.7 oz ppo. I would test if I tried now. I would think 2.75% sounds low, especially for fragrances manufactured in the last 3-5 years.
Tuscan Lace - I have a nice following for this fragrance; old fashioned powdery amber fragrance; use at 1 oz ppo
Sweet n Sexy - just a fun scent, mostly generic floral and fruit; good by itself or to blend; used at 1 oz ppo
Hyacinth - strong and nice; I use about .8 oz ppo but could probably use less; very much a traditional hyacinth.
Fresh Floral Honeydew - a little light and will fade after about 4 months but a nice take on a melon scent with a bit of floral (1 oz ppo)

Balsam and Citrus - I haven't used for years but it was a strong fragrance and I probably used between .5-.7 oz ppo. I would test if I tried now. I would think 2.75% sounds low, especially for fragrances manufactured in the last 3-5 years.
Tuscan Lace - I have a nice following for this fragrance; old fashioned powdery amber fragrance; use at 1 oz ppo
Sweet n Sexy - just a fun scent, mostly generic floral and fruit; good by itself or to blend; used at 1 oz ppo
Hyacinth - strong and nice; I use about .8 oz ppo but could probably use less; very much a traditional hyacinth.
Fresh Floral Honeydew - a little light and will fade after about 4 months but a nice take on a melon scent with a bit of floral (1 oz ppo)
I tested at 3% balsam citrus but I’ll make a batch at 4%. I’m not sure why EBB suggested such a low usage rate. I’ll take a look at the others you suggested. I really like EBB. Their fragrances are less trendy and more original yet non-fussy.

Although I like EBB I find them like all others, some hits as well as misses but in the past decent prices and fast service. I will be curious to see if there are changes with them being bought by WSP. In the past the reviews didn't have a date on them. It appears that that has changed but I think anything that has a date of 3/2021 may have been a review before then, some may be several years old and not relevant.

I started purchasing fragrances from them when they acquired Flickers. They acquired several other companies (Fragrance Oil Heaven, Bluegrass Candle, Soapcrafters). I always thought their quality & use in soap a little varied because of differences in the companies they acquired.

Yeah, I agree. In another thread a forum member said they had noticed prices were going up, and it was presumed to be because of the WSP takeover. WSP also bought Rustic Ecscentuals, which is another vendor I used to use.
:confused:

We’ll that’s a bummer. I had no idea WSP was trying to monopolize the market. I loathe dealing with them. Takes them so long to assemble the order and then ship.
I have ordered from Elements since WSP took over. The first time there was an issue, but I decided to try again. The second time everything went as before - my order was shipped within a couple of days.

Latest posts

Back