"Eden's Grace" ~Gardener's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
I just made this last night and I cant wait to CUT it!!! It keeps TEMPTING me but my cutter hasn't even been shipped yet, so I'll be fighting the devil on my left and sit in patience with the angel on my right, for yet another week...

I gave myself a challenge of designing a soap after something (person, place ot thing) that has inspired me. I was going for a more literal approach using an item or something like that but i had this idea of being inspired by my love for gardening.

As i was pondering the garden idea, i was reminded by my Gardener's soap "Eden's Grace". Then it was decided that I was going to use the theme of the garden of Eden/bible.

For the recipe I wanted certain ingredients to represent certain characteristics of the soap...

from bottom to top:

Stinging Nettel leaf: (bottom layer) the sting of sin and imperfection... (there are a few air bubbles in there too lol!)

Black pencil line of activated charcoal: Evil, temptation :twisted:

Fine line of red jojoba beads: represents the randsom paid by blood, redemption ... :angel:

French Green clay: (middle layer) Detox/Purify... :sick:

Oatmeal: (top) Soothing, nourishing... reminded me of "Manna" :thumbup:

Also added:
Aloe Vera: Healing, starting "a new"
Vitamin E: (500 IU's per bar) signifies Preservation.

Scented with "Apple jack & Peel" which repre"scents" the fruit of the tree of knowedge.

It smells Heavenly by the way! Also added in a good bit of Shea butter to condition grubby garden hands. I like the idea of using very soft exfoliants. My last gardeners soap had cornmeal and poppy seeds...way too rough for me!

Didn't mean to go all religious on you but I'm sure someone can appreciate lol!

P4100054.jpg

P4100056.jpg

P4100059.jpg

P4100060.jpg

Last edited:
I love the thought and creativity that you put into this. It looks wonderful also! I hope that I can do something this creative in time :)

I love the thought and creativity that you put into this. It looks wonderful also! I hope that I can do something this creative in time :)
You will and thank you! I think it's the artist in me, once i have a vision in my head it goes from there. I will make a new thread so you guys can see my artwork!

You will and thank you! I think it's the artist in me, once i have a vision in my head it goes from there. I will make a new thread so you guys can see my artwork!

I would love to see some of your artwork. I have a little bit of art that I have done, but I am not very good.

10 so far! :Kitten Love:

Wow - bravo!! Absolutely amazing soap. The detail on top is ridiculous! The lines are so clean.

Is your soap cutter a wire cutter? If so, and your soap loafs are too hard, you run the risk of damaging the cutter to be careful! I usually have to cut my loafs in the first two to three days.

Wow - bravo!! Absolutely amazing soap. The detail on top is ridiculous! The lines are so clean.

Is your soap cutter a wire cutter? If so, and your soap loafs are too hard, you run the risk of damaging the cutter to be careful! I usually have to cut my loafs in the first two to three days.
I do have a wire cutter that cuts 1 1/4" but I am wanting to convert all my soaps to 1" now. As far as the loafs getting too hard, ya I'm worried about that too. If it seems to be straining the cutter in any way, I will stop and hand cut. My new cutter should be here in a week. i've been having cutter issues (had to return piece O' of crap i ordered and buy a new one). Thanks for the compliments! I usually cut my soap within a day or two of unmolding so it's been hard waiting to say the least, making batch after batch and not getting any cutting satisfation lol!

Back