do you make scents that you really cant stand?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumpkin Spice
Cinnamon Buns or anything like it (WSP)
Patchouli (doesn't matter what its mixed with).

I've had to make all 3 in the past week and all I can say is I had to break out a batch of peppermint AND spearmint euc REAL QUICK like in order to interrupt the puke fest (it doesn't help that I'm 6 months pregnant, I'm sure).

I do not really care for patchouli but I can live with it. The 3 that will NEVER make into my shower are:
1. coconut
2. coconut
and ummmm coconut
I absolutely hate anything with even a trace of it

Mike

I like blended lavender, but not straight up.

I also really can't stand the imitation 'cakey' smells- angel cake, pie crust, those types of scents. They gross me out for some reason and make me feel sick when I smell them.

Go figure though, those are the ones people looooove.

I wanted to add that this was Symphony Scents Cool Water and I soaped it with goat milk. Maybe it just wasn't compatible with milk but would otherwise smell nice.

judymoody said:
However, I have yet to meet an EO I didn't like, including patchouli and lavender.

This is me.

I like most FOs until I make them up in a product. Then it's too much for me and I don't like them anymore for some reason... can't stand the smell.

If I receive a soap from someone else that is FO scented, it doesn't bother me at all!

I would have to say Relaxation FO from Natures garden. It is suppose to be like a lavender scent, but it. stinks.. :| :x

I am not a fan of fruity scents. As luck would have it "Love Spell" was one of my biggest sellers.

Almond FO! just the thought of it makes me sick. I quit making it, i don't care if a customer loves it or not, it makes me sick. lol!

I hate pine tar. It my boyfriend loves it. I mad him a batch a weeks ago and my whole house smelled like it.... Disgusting! I was so happy to give it to him last week!

I am laughing quite a bit whilst reading the posts on this topic. You know, when I eat cilantro, it tastes like old Ivory soap in my mouth. Even a little bit of cilantro makes the whole meal regurgitatable. I know something like 2/3 of humans don't get that soapy taste out of cilantro and in fact, some actually like a LOT of it on their food. I wonder if the like/dislike of scents has at its root something biological. In other words, if we discount the bad experiences we had with a particular scent (bad night drinking black zambuca really puts you off of anise for life, for example), I wonder if like/dislike of scents runs in families. Scents I think reek - my mother generally thinks reeks too. I'm just saying...

I cannot STAND Patchouli. To me, it smells like a tavern, or a bar. Kind of that sour smell they get. ew.

Scents I Can't Stand

The customer is always right....so they get what they want!

I do NOT like patchouli, lemongrass ginger and lavender, but those are my best sellers.

I'm glad when they go out the door!
IDLaura

I've got a few that I'm not crazy about, but the one that I can not stand is cucumber. I keep trying to make it, I've got a few that ask for it, but I've decided after this last batch that I'm just not doing it again...to me it is just a sickening smell. Ewww!!

dcornett said:
I've got a few that I'm not crazy about, but the one that I can not stand is cucumber. I keep trying to make it, I've got a few that ask for it, but I've decided after this last batch that I'm just not doing it again...to me it is just a sickening smell. Ewww!!

:wink: Try cucumber wasabi.

I dislike a lot of EO's, straight lavender FO and straight rose FO...

azimuth said:
I would have to say Relaxation FO from Natures garden. It is suppose to be like a lavender scent, but it. stinks.. :| :x

agreed on this one. bought it and soaped it, gave the entire loaf away. couldn't stand it. i also can't stand Fresh Ginger from NG.

love lavender EO, straight, blended with patchouli, whatever, but haven't found a decent FO yet that does the EO justice. any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back