Discouraged

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My customer is allergic to milk and the goats milk MP soap broke him out. Are they allergic to milk?

My customer is allergic to milk and the goats milk MP soap broke him out. Are they allergic to milk?

They have no known allergies, as far as they are aware, and both can eat dairy, no problem. The other soap they did not care much for was made with beer, so I don't think it was the milk. However, like the first soap it also had 10% Shea butter. After reading up on it, I think it best to leave Shea out of future soaps for them, and to either go unscented or at the very least, no mint.

They have no known allergies, as far as they are aware, and both can eat dairy, no problem. The other soap they did not care much for was made with beer, so I don't think it was the milk. However, like the first soap it also had 10% Shea butter. After reading up on it, I think it best to leave Shea out of future soaps for them, and to either go unscented or at the very least, no mint.

Of course I don`t hope they are allergic to anything, but at least it would be great if the Sheabutter could give an answer to the frustrating issue you have had with these testers. It would be interesting to hear if they can use your non-sheabutter soaps.

Since I started soaping (entering june it has been one and a half year now) I gathered a lot of guinea pigs. It first started only with myself, and after a while my husband wanted in. And as soon as I felt I really had a good grip on things to be secure enough to give samples away (that is when I started the strict 3 month curing before giving anything away)

I started to acumulate family and friends, and as the word spread even more people was willing to help. I have found this tremendously helpfull to have so many of them, because they all have such different skins, different issues and preferations, that it helped me to think simplistic and not over-complicate things in the process. That made it possible to narrow down my best recipes, and I stick to them on a regular basis. And since I have so many testers I decided to make smaller bars, so that I could stretch the batch further. I now have soaps that are about 60/65 grams, depending on my cutting skills that day, lol.

So I am rooting for you, and don`t worry, these things takes time. But it is so worth it in the end! : D

Latest posts

Back