Dental in Mexico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Friday my hubby went to Tijuana for dental work. Tooth extraction, implant 1K. That is a lot less than here and he liked the dentist, clean office etc. The dentist was recommended from a friend that has gone to him for years. You can see why people here go down there for work. The total for the work is going to be around $1500 including the implant tooth. So far he has had no problems other that hitting it with his toothbrush which is a no no and minimal amount of pain. This would have cost 5k here.

That’s awesome. I actually had surgery in Mexico 8 years ago. It saved me about 25,000. If you do your research and have back up at home it’s a great deal. Fortunately I work in a hospital so had support at home in case. But have no issues. I should look into dental. I need an implant and it’s going to cost me 4500 after insurance as I need a bone graft first. I know several people that have had medical care and dental care over the years.

It is a huge difference. Fortunately it is only a 2.5 hr drive for us so if he had to get back down there he could. Dentist gave him antibiotics so that was good. When retired money is sure different with no large paychecks. Have to change the way we do things.

Some friends moved from Minnesota to Belize. The husband has a heart condition that requires medication and possibly he will need a pacemaker someday. He was traveling to Minnesota several times a year for heart checkups, but eventually shifted to a medical facility in Cancun, Mexico. He sounds like he's pretty happy with the care he's getting in Cancun.

This has probably been 20 years or so ago, but a group from work (yes, I still work at the same company) rented a bus bound for Mexico to get lasik surgery. I wish I hadn't been a broke college kid, 'cuz I sure would have like to have it done. It saved them all a lot of money and the guys who still work here have had zero problems with their eyes.

This has probably been 20 years or so ago, but a group from work (yes, I still work at the same company) rented a bus bound for Mexico to get lasik surgery. I wish I hadn't been a broke college kid, 'cuz I sure would have like to have it done. It saved them all a lot of money and the guys who still work here have had zero problems with their eyes.

I’ve been at my job almost 40 years.

Some insurance will also accept international medical claims. Ours does. One of my husband's co-workers has his dental work done in Mexico AND it is covered by his insurance. We have talked about planning a vacation around a dental implant for my husband, but he has not made an progress on making an appointment, so it may never actually happen. But it is a viable choice.

Latest posts

Back