Cyclone Yasi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
How did you all fair from the cyclone? I'm just trying to catch up on the news before going to work. Friends in Townsville kept me posted until about 1am. Apparently Cairns faired better than expected but Mission Beach is decimated. :(

Oh it is terrible isn't it, Just so close to home and so soon after the floods, I could harldy sleep last night for worry of all those families out there and the horror they had to face. Feel so sad for the queensland community think I shall go make some soap.

So sad for the entire state of QLD to be knocked on it's butt twice in such a short amount of time. But Aussies are tough, thankfully no one was injured.
I remember after Larry bananas were about $16 per kilo...I've got a couple in the fruit bowl at the moment that I am going to savour.

Thankfully, no lives lost so far that i'm aware of. I feel for those who are affected by it though.
It was blowing here strong last Saturday, Brisbane Northside, I was at martial arts training on my stomach and a big gust of wind came through the double doors next to me and blew me over, I guess that gave a whole new meaning to the "Superman" warm up position I was doing at the time lol. :lol:

I am very thankful that no-one was killed. I was really scared for them. I think they had a couple of strokes of luck which spared them somewhat. Still, the devastation is terrible. :(

Latest posts

Back