Craft fair numbers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmtree

Reaction score
I have no idea what is good or bad in terms of what I've made at my first three craft fairs. All three fairs there were from 200-300 people who came through. The first I did 392, then 569 and finally 470. I sell mostly organic soap, lotion, and scrubs. My business name is e.l.m. tree suds and botanicals. I'm on etsy as well. I haven't really done much on etsy yet as I was working on craft fair stuff for the last month. What do you guys think?

I say you are doing very well then.

Thanks! I hope it wasn't just because of Christmas and that I will continue to do well. I just love love love talking with the people and providing them with awesome goodies. I was so afraid of interacting with people and trying to sell them things. So far it's been great.

You will get the most sales during Christmas time. I wouldn't expect to make as much later, but if you do happen to make as much throughout the year, then plan BIG for next Christmas time so you're well stocked and don't run out of supplies! Great job, though, and congratulations on all your sales! There aren't craft shows near me, so I'm having a hard time finding a place to sell. :p

I would say you did good as well. But this was the best time for selling and it is now over so your next 2 shows will really tell a lot to where you are. I think it takes about 3 years to learn the craft show market well. Talk to as many other vendors as you can asking how they did and what there favorite shows are. I paid $500.00 for a booth this past year for a 3 day show and can't wait to go back there. I am looking at trying a show that runs for 4 or 5 days and the fee is $725.00. This show is in a market area that is perfect for my business so I think it would do very well. I had a good year for doing shows this past year (my 6th year) and profits were at record amounts. Looking forward to 2014 craft show season and using all the new ideas that I have to try. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE AS WELL.

Bruce

I would say you did well as well. Christmas is always going to be your best season although Mother's Day runs a close second.... See how your next shows do like Bruce said and it will tell the story.

Back