Etsy Shop Name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instead of Bubble Bayou, which I love, think about "Bubbly Bayou" -- it has a better cadence, both written and spoken. Whichever you choose, it's clever and memorable.

Your niece's design is well done, happy, inviting and tastefully colorful without being overdone. I might rethink the choice of a "baby" color pallet but that's just me. It serves its purpose as is. To me, the "bubbles" are distracting -- the eye is drawn to them. I would skip them all together. They add nothing substantive to the design except "cuteness" -- if that is what you want, go for it.

Without knowing how this is going to be used, I think just using the name needs some clarification to follow as soon as possible -- something along the lines of "Handcrafted Bath & Body Products" or similar, to let shoppers know you sell more than just soap. Remember "Bath & Body Shop"? That says it all, and that's what I'm getting at. When you name a shop to represent a product, if the product isn't in the name, then you need to choose wisely to find something that does.

View attachment 72618
I will ask her to make one without the bubbles to see which I like more. For my regular business name, I add 'Handcrafted bath and body" to it all the time.

From my understanding, Melissa is trying to appeal to a younger audience/parents for her Etsy shop.
The rough draft looks really nice and I bet the final version will be even nicer! Glad to see you supporting your talented niece's graphic design skills 😁
Oh yes, exactly. The etsy shop will be brighter colors, bubble bath, bath bombs, etc. I doubt they will be interested in soap. Her art is great if not exactly my style (usually).

Well an update. Getting annoyed with my niece. It was May when I posted this. I've emailed her several times and getting her to even respond to me now is like pulling teeth. She always has an excuse about why nothing is finalized or finished and I still don't have the files. So now I'm going to find someone else to do it. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back