Crabapple Soap Factory

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reallyrita

Reaction score
This is a supplier that some of you may be familiar with. She offers some very well made wooden molds. They need to be lined, however. I bought one from her last summer. I ordered from her again (not for a mold) on Monday, July 6th. I received a confirmation of my order on July 7 with an order number and my credit card charge showed up about 6 days later. I never received a shipping notification. On July 15 I emailed her, on July 17 I emailed her twice (using both email addresses she listed on her site). On July 19th I received an email from her...a part of which I did not understand as it did not pertain to my situation. She said that my order was on its way. No notification of shipping, no tracking number, no idea how she shipped. Seemed like a generic email to me and I was a bit frustrated. Here I am on Aug.6 with no delivery and despite 2 more emails to her, no response. This was not a big order...just under $40.00 but it represented a chunk of my saved up hobby money. I notified her on Aug 3rd that I was canceling the order. No response. I emailed her again on Aug. 4. No response. Today, Aug 6th, one month after my order was placed, I notified my credit card company.

Sorry that has happened to you. :( I ordered 2 wooden molds from her back in February because the Everything Soapmaking Book had positive things to say about the woman in charge of the business. In fact, her molds designs are in the book, but I am all thumbs with tools. :roll:

It took awhile to get my order, but I understood that a retired gentleman needed approximately 1 week to fulfull orders. I did contact them though via email after a few weeks had gone by. They were responsive to my emails, but I still had some concern after I read negative reviews online about their customer service. (I am happy with both molds).

If you didn't order molds, I can't imagine what is taking so long or why they are not responding to your emails. Without a listed phone number it is very frustrating. I think you did the right thing by canceling your order. Hopefully, you'll find what you needed elsewhere.

Jude

Jude, I do have one of her molds that I ordered last year in July. I waited two weeks for it and I emailed her about that order too and she never emailed me back. I did understand that the molds were made to order by an elderly gentleman. I was content to wait and it was well worth the wait because the mold is really nice. I recently made a 5 piece mylar liner for it but I never really minded using the freezer paper either. I had emailed her last summer because I never got a notification or a confirmation or anything and it seemed that my order got lost in cyber space. No response, but the mold did show up and I immediately emailed her to let her know. This time was a different story entirely...well, maybe not entirely. The lack of response, no notification that it had shipped is the same story. I did not order a mold. I ordered a few other products and I would have just assumed that my order really did get lost in cyberspace until I checked and saw that the charge had cleared my cc company. Waiting, with in reason, is not a problem for me....no communication is. I struggled with my decision to post this experience but I owe alot to all the wonderful soapers on this site who have taught me how to be one, too. I felt I should just lay out what happened to me so buyer beware. I will say again: her molds made by this elderly gentleman are very nice...easy to unmold and a quality item.

I think you've done the right thing by posting your experience here. It's too bad because I'd order more molds if I felt the company was more dependable.

Customer service is key and it's obvious Crabapple falls short in this regard. :(

Jude

Do You Have An Address?

reallyrita or anyone else,

Do you have an address or anything for this company? I ordered some African black soap and shea butter on July 31 and have not received my order. I emailed the company yesterday and again today. Yesterday to the [email protected] and today to the [email protected]

My email from yesterday has gone unanswered and my email from today was returned as undeliverable.

Unfortunately I paid with a bank debit card, so I cannot go to a credit card company to reverse the charge. I need to either track down my order or I may just ask one of the attorney's I know to go after this company. I would rather not take legal action if this is a legit company that just has poor customer service.

Hi Indigo,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Just got back from vacation yesterday. I used the [email protected] to reach Crabapple when I was corresponding with them.

I hope that they are just slow in answering your email. Let us know if you get your order.

Jude

Indigo, I am so sorry....I just now saw this post...I have been super busy these last few weeks with my elderly MIL staying with me and I never checked this part of the forum. I emailed both of those addresses too. I hope you get your order soon. Let us know. Poor CS is one thing, but taking some one's money and never sending them their products is stealing in my book. I am truly sorry about this supplier. She has some good things...like those nice solid wooden molds and very reasonable too.

Crab Apple S.F.

Hello everyone!

I'm new to SMF. I'm happy to be a part of this creative and crafty world of artisans. I'm new to soap making, but have experience with candles. I had placed an order for the lye soapmaking kit, some black soap, and other things from Crab Apple Soap Factory on August 22, 2009. My order total was in excess of $130.00! I have received nothing yet. Now, mind you it's been just over a week and I do live out of the US. However, I can't reach anyone at this company. I sent an email today and had sent one last week and have not heard from anyone.
This is money that would normally be spent on my son and daughter, both under 3yrs of age. It's very unsettling and my gut seems to be telling me that I've been had. It makes me sick inside to know that I may have made such a horrible error at the expense of my children. I hope I am wrong about this company, I really do. I hate to be ignored when I'm trying to resolve any matter, particularly by a business that I've given my money to.
I just want to develop this hobby with the hopes of one day starting a business to support my children and family. I'm a stay @home mom and money is very tight these days for most people, I'm sure. I took a chance by placing this order and charging it to my credit card. I feel foolish, violated and quite frankly, ticked off!
For future reference, this is a huge lesson in both professionalism and customer service!!!!

Oh no! They got another one. So sorry that has happened to you. :(

Call your credit card company and explain the situation. I bet they can do something for you.

Something is very, very wrong with this company.

BTW - Welcome! :)

Jude

Crabapple Soap Factory Owner - I Found You.

I ordered something from Crabapple Soap Factory, was charged and never received my package, although I did receive an order confirmation. No response from company to my inquiries.

I decided to find the owner of Crabapple soap factory....and I did. The domain information is private and she "doesn't have up a new number yet, but "it's coming soon". B*tch.

Her name is Jennifer Patella. Here is her home (or last house that's she's still trying to sell) address and a photograph of her house. Looks like she's doing alright for herself. Too bad the phone number is wrong.

http://www.fsbosellbuy.com/14117.html#email

Looks like she's in NC now. Here is her Linkdin. She's still working for herself. Seems like someone in IT would know how to shut down their website, or at least make a note that their business was closed and not take anymore orders or MONEY. Hopefully she's more honest with her IT work.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jennifer-patella/1b/214/465

I'm going to send her more some nice messages. I will find out her current phone number soon and I will get my refund or order. I don't like dishonesty.

More info! Crabapple Soap Factory

Crabapple Soap Factory - Owner information
Jennifer Kott Patella
DOB 8-9-62
Address 79 Ashworth Ave, Brevard, NC
average income 37k

If anyone is close by, feel free to stop by and ask her to give me back my money. :) Still ISO her current phone numer.

Back